80.4 KB · Views: 280
OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I'm the gopher! Go for this, go for that, feed me, I'm thirsty, Take the pictures. You get the idea. Oh and I can chink with the best of them (fill the holes with the little pieces of rock).

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Mighty AP said:
Those boys do fine work! That wall is realy lookin' good! :)
I'm very proud! If it was light after 4:45 and not so cold it would be done. Halloween they were out with lights until 8:45. Motivated. Thanks.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
lumbercamp said:
Thats a great view you have.
Thanks we call it the dam view. It's the dam side of the bridge. We want to open a B & B when we retire, trying to come up with a name, out popped.......Dam view B & B. Not!! Have a great day!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love those Stone Walls...They remind me of Detecting back

in the woods and you come across one of those old Foundations

where the stone wall is still standing, and its covered with a nice

green moss. ;) That wall will make a nice addition to the house!

Very Nice ......... ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
COUNTRY GIRL said:
lumbercamp said:
Thats a great view you have.
Thanks we call it the dam view. It's the dam side of the bridge. We want to open a B & B when we retire, trying to come up with a name, out popped.......Dam view B & B. Not!! Have a great day!
How about The Best B&B by a Dam Site.... :)

I love stone walls...everytime I see one,I have to stop and take a picture....I love finding them out in the woods also...all ivy covered or cascading roses over the moss...they just bring back special memories. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Gerry is actually making a garden spot betwee the rocks and the lawn. Can't wait to plant. Praticing for this wall he made me a raised garden with those huge stones, so this will be my second stone wall garden.

What do you think I should plant?

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
very very nice! it looks like you have a nice place to come home to there!..whens the "wall christening party!" ;) ;) ;D

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
hollowpointred said:
very very nice! it looks like you have a nice place to come home to there!..whens the "wall christening party!" ;) ;) ;D
Hubby had a rain day yesterday. Instead of getting paid to work in the rain he worked on the wall in the rain. So looks like the weekend will be productive. I'll send you an invite to the party.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
gypsyheart said:
Is Jerry For Hire? Hahaha....He could build me a stonewall and You and I could go hunt ! :)
Perfect! I'll tell him and we'll be right there! Don't mention the hunting part, we'll surprise him! He'll do anything for a good lookin' woman!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
The house and view are super. They are doing a great job on the wall. It sure does look nice. Hope you get it done before the snow flies. Keep it up.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
WOW, what a beautiful place...Not only full of history but now your making more history..Your great grandkids can say ,"My great-granfolks built this way back at the turn of the century! They will no doubt be Md'ing for old coins like the Saqajawea dollar.
LMAO

~Nashoba~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful place and view....Rock wall look's great!!....You need to plant a couple keeper's in the font yard before you finish for the next people.....Couple of "zincoln's" maybe!!

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
How about we let the great Grand Nieces and Nephews talk about they're awesome Aunt an uncle. ;) Just got scared for a second! :o Just got done, too dark, bleeding, and that pointing rocks isn't as easy as it looks, you should see my sneakers.

Wait until the Nephews kids find those 1964 silver halves I planted. Do you think I'm kidding? Or maybe when i'm senile I'll find it myself? :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread