Another Of The Greats Passes Away ....Ernest Borgnine RIP

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorite actors has passed, the Great Ernest Borgnine has left us..........

I grew up watching this great actor, one of my all time favorite movies with him in it is The Wild Bunch".....Rest in Peace, you were a great actor and will be missed by those of us who enjoyed your craft....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I thought he passed away some time ago, but he was a good actor

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, I thought he passed away some time ago, but he was a good actor

:dontknow: wow, no kidding. I thought he had passed also. good gravy. BUT I did like him as an actor. for some reason I think of him most in the movie Poisiden Adventure.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
His best movie was Marty made in 1955.. Not only a great movie, but it took place in The Bronx, NY :laughing7:

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll never forget Ernest in "The Poseidon Adventure." I think he used about every cuss word in the book. Sometime when I'm bored. I'm going to watch it again and count them. There must have been several hundred.

He was an interesting and complex person. At one time he was almost a holy preacher and at another he made the devil blush. I have a video somewhere where he does the whole Christmas Nativity thing and one of the few times he doesn't cuss even once.

Ernest had a struggle all his life with obesity. In McHales Navy it's evident but the producers saw it as making him even funnier.

I liked him and in fact like most "Ernest" types. My favorite being Ernest P. Worrell. Jim was one of our funniest guys ever.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions