Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: Do you plan to vote this November?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

25 92.59%
  • NO

2 7.41%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: POLL: How Many Plan To Vote in the November Presidential Election?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    114 times
    eating

POLL: How Many Plan To Vote in the November Presidential Election?

I'm hearing people say they're not even going to vote this time. Some have told me there's really no choice and no need to bother.

YES or NO....will you vote?
    Last edited by Michigan Badger; Jul 09, 2012 at 12:59 PM.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1318 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    If you don't it's a vote for you know who

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    114 times
    eating
    The thing I think is most interesting is the fact that very few who click on this thread , vote. It would be interesting to know why.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8367 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Michigan Badger View Post
    The thing I think is most interesting is the fact that very few who click on this thread , vote. It would be interesting to know why.
    I vote every time, if you don't vote you have no right to complain and people who say they " dont vote because they are both the same or nothing will change any way" are really saying I'm too lazy and stupid to vote.
    calisdad and truckinbutch like this.

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

CLICK LINK BELOW TO READ OUR RULES..

TreasureNet.com Rules

us
    Sep 2010
    Groveland, CA
    339 times
    Agree with TH. If you don't vote please keep your political opinions to yourself. You haven't earned the right to express them.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.

us
    Jul 2011
    61 times
    We don't always get what we want, but that is no excuse not to vote.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: removed political comments

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    114 times
    eating
    Good straightforward comments. One thing to consider is what if no one voted? Obviously some must vote.

I agree mostly with the comments except I think there can be those who did study the candidates and after an objective evaluation decided they can't really maintain a clear conscience by voting for either. Their failure to vote on the president wouldn't be due to laziness or stupidity but more an expression of ones personal sense of integrity. I guess we could say they would just be consistent with their own set principles for living.

Most who have told me they're not going to vote are very active in politics. The people I know who don't really give a flip are voting. They're democrats or republican to the bitter end. They vote party and that's it.

us
    Feb 2011
    Gladstone, MI
    Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
    200 times
    Coinshooting
    So the people who voted last election are to blame
    Why do they call it "Taking a dump" when you're actually leaving one?

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    114 times
    eating
    I think most Americans have for decades now voted for the "lesser of the evils." But what if the "evils" are pretty much equal? Then the winner makes little difference.

Oh, as always, I'll vote. But I don't mind saying I'm not at all happy with my selection. "Lesser of the evils" here I come.

As for who will win I'm pretty sure it will be the incumbent. It will be close but we'll have him another term. The reasons for this I can't share or we'll cross the line, so to speak.
    Last edited by Michigan Badger; Jul 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    *************** WHAT YOU DO WITH THE FINDS YOU DIG UP IS YOUR BUSINESS AND NO ONE ELSES, IGNORE ANYONE ON A SOAPBOX TRYING TO PREACH OTHERWISE! **************

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_ETrac Minelab_Safari Minelab_Excal_1500_WOT Excal_SEF_12x15 Sovereign GT Whites_6000_XL_Pro Whites_Classic_ID Troy_Shadow_X2 Tesoro_Conquistador Fisher_1235X Whites_Beach ID
    8367 times
    MB, I disagree on the point of not voting. IMO there is never a reason to not voting, there is always a choice, may not always be our favorite choice, but still a choice and even though we like neither candidates there are platforms, issues, fundamentals that each side represents...

I always remember our ancestors gave their blood and many their lives just to give us the right to vote at all, for me, to not vote dishonors their sacrifices...Just my opinion....

Please remember no political bashing of either party or candidate.... (politics)

HERE IS THE THING ABOUT RIGHTS, THEY'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE VOTED ON, THAT IS WHY THEY CALL THEM RIGHTS!

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." --Samuel Adams

MY LIBERTY AND FREEDOMS ARE NOT YOURS TO GIVE OR TAKE!.......THEY DIDN'T MAKE US FREE, WE WERE BORN FREE, AS LONG AS WE HAVE THE 2ND AMENDMENT WE WILL REMAIN FREE!

TreasureNet.com Rules

Kentucky Kache
    It's good to see the political board is back, as long as there is no bashing.

Isn't it against t'net rules to call people lazy and stupid? Just asking.

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    8367 times
    I did not call any specific person lazy or stupid. Against the rules to say TN member John Doe is lazy and stupid, not to say some people are lazy and stupid.

TreasureNet.com Rules

Kentucky Kache
    But you made it specifically those who don't vote, which is obviously some on this thread.

Are we allowed to talk politics and religion now, as long as there is no bashing?

Charter Member
    us

Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    8367 times
    From TreasureNet rules page....
    "The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

"Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban."

There are still no politics or religion allowed.....This thread is on voting, not on any specific party, candidate or any issue other than if someone will vote or not........"

KK, I understand your just asking and not challenging, there is no problem between us....
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

TreasureNet.com Rules

Kentucky Kache
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    From TreasureNet rules page....
    "The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

"Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban.

There are still no politics or religion allowed.....This thread is on voting, not on any specific party, candidate or any issue other than if someone will vote or not........"
    "Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

You were clearly indicating those who don't vote. And these are some of the members here, as evidenced by the poll.

So you're saying politics are not being discussed in this thread? Interesting.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors