POLL: How Many Plan To Vote in the November Presidential Election?

Do you plan to vote this November?

• YES

Votes: 26 96.3%
  • NO

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't it's a vote for you know who???

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
The thing I think is most interesting is the fact that very few who click on this thread , vote. It would be interesting to know why.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing I think is most interesting is the fact that very few who click on this thread , vote. It would be interesting to know why.

I vote every time, if you don't vote you have no right to complain and people who say they " dont vote because they are both the same or nothing will change any way" are really saying I'm too lazy and stupid to vote.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree with TH. If you don't vote please keep your political opinions to yourself. You haven't earned the right to express them.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Good straightforward comments. One thing to consider is what if no one voted? Obviously some must vote.

I agree mostly with the comments except I think there can be those who did study the candidates and after an objective evaluation decided they can't really maintain a clear conscience by voting for either. Their failure to vote on the president wouldn't be due to laziness or stupidity but more an expression of ones personal sense of integrity. I guess we could say they would just be consistent with their own set principles for living.

Most who have told me they're not going to vote are very active in politics. The people I know who don't really give a flip are voting. They're democrats or republican to the bitter end. They vote party and that's it.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
So the people who voted last election are to blame :)

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I think most Americans have for decades now voted for the "lesser of the evils." But what if the "evils" are pretty much equal? Then the winner makes little difference.

Oh, as always, I'll vote. But I don't mind saying I'm not at all happy with my selection. "Lesser of the evils" here I come.

As for who will win I'm pretty sure it will be the incumbent. It will be close but we'll have him another term. The reasons for this I can't share or we'll cross the line, so to speak.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MB, I disagree on the point of not voting. IMO there is never a reason to not voting, there is always a choice, may not always be our favorite choice, but still a choice and even though we like neither candidates there are platforms, issues, fundamentals that each side represents...

I always remember our ancestors gave their blood and many their lives just to give us the right to vote at all, for me, to not vote dishonors their sacrifices...Just my opinion....

Please remember no political bashing of either party or candidate.... (politics)

K

Kentucky Kache

It's good to see the political board is back, as long as there is no bashing.

Isn't it against t'net rules to call people lazy and stupid? Just asking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not call any specific person lazy or stupid. Against the rules to say TN member John Doe is lazy and stupid, not to say some people are lazy and stupid.

K

Kentucky Kache

But you made it specifically those who don't vote, which is obviously some on this thread.

Are we allowed to talk politics and religion now, as long as there is no bashing?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From TreasureNet rules page....
"The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

"Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban."

There are still no politics or religion allowed.....This thread is on voting, not on any specific party, candidate or any issue other than if someone will vote or not........"

KK, I understand your just asking and not challenging, there is no problem between us....​

Last edited:
K

Kentucky Kache

From TreasureNet rules page....
"The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

"Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban.

There are still no politics or religion allowed.....This thread is on voting, not on any specific party, candidate or any issue other than if someone will vote or not........"​

"Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

You were clearly indicating those who don't vote. And these are some of the members here, as evidenced by the poll.

So you're saying politics are not being discussed in this thread? Interesting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Use of words such idiot, moron, ******ed, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals."

You were clearly indicating those who don't vote. And these are some of the members here, as evidenced by the poll.

So you're saying politics are not being discussed in this thread? Interesting.

KK, I named no specific individual, I made a generalization statement naming no specific member.....

Your leaving out part of the rule posted....."Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot" ....... I named no specific person.

Again, Big C's post was only about voting. I don't think most members would want it, but if you want to split hairs and for us to follow the exact letter of the rules to the very furthest extreme possible we could delete every single thread and post made that even remotely resembles even the slighest hint of anything to do with politics and or religion of any kind what so ever, that would also include signitures such as yours........

K

Kentucky Kache

KK, I named no specific individual, I made a generalization statement naming no specific member.....

Your leaving out part of the rule posted....."Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot" ....... I named no specific person.

Again, Big C's post was only about voting. I don't think most members would want it, but if you want to split hairs and for us to follow the exact letter of the rules to the very furthest extreme possible we could delete every single thread and post made that even remotely resembles even the slighest hint of anything to do with politics and or religion of any kind what so ever, that would also include signitures such as yours........

According to the rule which you posted, you don't have to call someone a name directly. You said, "...OR INDICATING individuals." You did indicate those who don't vote, did you not?

No, I wasn't asking you to delete anything. But the way you just described it is exactly the way you've been doing things.
But the fact that you are so eager to delete my signature, while letting obvious political thread go, is very telling.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the rule which you posted, you don't have to call someone a name directly. You said, "...OR INDICATING individuals." You did indicate those who don't vote, did you not?

No, I wasn't asking you to delete anything. But the way you just described it is exactly the way you've been doing things.
But the fact that you are so eager to delete my signature, while letting obvious political thread go, is very telling.

Look up "specific individual" in defamation law suits and see what it refers to..........

I'm not anxious to delete your signature, I said if you want us to push it to the very extremes your describing it would include signatures which you also use......

K

Kentucky Kache

Look up "specific individual" in defamation law suits and see what it refers to..........

I'm not anxious to delete your signature, I said if you want us to push it to the very extremes your describing it would include signatures which you also use......

I know what "specific individual" means. I also know what "or indicating individuals" means. Why do you seem to be ignoring that part?

I don't want anything pushed to extremes. But that's what you've been doing, deleting anything and everything that has the slightest hint of anything political or religious. But it seems to be selective.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always vote, sometimes my pick wins, sometimes they don`t. That is the way it is, live with it and hope they do the best for the American people and not themselves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread