Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
One world leader! That would never work. There are to many different life styles in the world. The leader would have to favor one and the other would revolt. Look at the mess in the UN. They are shifting the cost of all the corruption in the smaller countries on to the larger countries. The larger countries have noticed this and are lowering contributions. The UN is trying to impress the desires of some countries on others. Look at there latest gun ban they are trying to pass over the US constitution. NO we do not all think alike or live alike.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My last post seemed to be pessimistic, but in fact, I am an optimist. It is just that we will have to go through some hard times before we see the light at the end of the tunnel. It may take 100 years to come to that point. After that, it could be like paradise, if we can set out differences aside, and do everything toward the betterment of mankind instead of for ourselves pesonally. Good Luck. rockhound

That's a nice thought but human nature tells us there will be no peace until there is a drastic and permanent change to the entire world.

Such a drastic change could only be possible by some sort of supernatural intervention. Man will never accomplish this change. As long as there are two people on earth who are somewhat free from external authoritative restraint there will be no real lasting peace. Ever notice that we don't have to teach children how to be bad? Being bad comes quite natural. Learning how to be good is the challenge. This by itself disproves the notion some have that man is basically good. Being good (selfless, benevolent, peaceful, etc.,) comes as one learns to retrain oneself and submit to rules that make life better for everyone. All of us from birth are natural rebels. If left to ourselves we grow worse by the day.

How we got on planet earth is highly debated today with the most common consensuses now being the accidental process of evolution. A much smaller element believe in a Creator God and an even smaller group go with the UFO theory. Personally I think evolution is so much monkey business. I believe we were put here and this all didn't happen by a series of happy happenstances. The very idea that man is the master of a universe that has been around forever is totally wacko.

My point is, the intelligence that put us here will one day return when the plan has been completed. And that's what I think planet earth is primarily about, a plan. Once the purpose has been fulfilled the end will come.

Mankind will never manage the universe (we can't manage earth) nor will we ever be able to solve our own problems. We are rapidly ruining this planet and wasting precious resources. Like I stated earlier, we'll never make it into any serious space colonization. We'll do some more space experiments and get some pretty spectacular pictures (and info) but we're already on our way down for the most part. The world is in a terrible financial mess and space projects cost a lot of money that we don't have. The means simply isn't there for "beam me up Scotty."

In the very near future the world will primarily be focused on food production and the clean water issue. Added to this will be research on all the diseases threatening to destroy us. The space program will gradually diminish to almost nothing of any great significance. Actually we're already seeing this.

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, we will NOT colonize Mars. There will be a environmental impact study done that will conclude that the introduction of humans will be bad for Mars. California will be the first to sell its state name to the highest bidder for 3-year contracts. In 2105 this will be the State of Verizon, not California. Food will be served in large, community dining halls because the price of food will be so high that the average, individual household won't be able to afford it whereas the community hall can buy and prepare in bulk. There will be walk-in, free clinics for those wanting abortions. The sale and use of tobacco and alcohol will cease but smoking pot will be legal everywhere. The government will discover that heavy pot use induces pacifism and makes for an easily controlled population. There will be a pill that, when taken, will actually be better than sex which will begin to erode opposite sex atraction.(I think it's already available in some larger cities) Vacations will be limited in the amount of miles that can be travelled to reduce greenhouse gases. Longer trips can be purchased meaning the rich will be able to go wherever they want. The best doctors and medical equipment will only be available to the rich at private resort-type facilities. Everyone else will have to go to public clinics that will be at the same location as the community dining halls. That will eliminate having to route public transportation to more than one location. All citizens will be required to take public transportation except for those that can afford their own vehicles and fuel. When you die, nothing you owned will be able to go to your family; it will all go to the central government that will slowly disperse, what they don't want to keep, to the people that can't take care of themselves. (Much like California welfare) Other than those little changes, things shouldn't be much different than they are now. :)

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, we will NOT colonize Mars. There will be a environmental impact study done that will conclude that the introduction of humans will be bad for Mars. California will be the first to sell its state name to the highest bidder for 3-year contracts. In 2105 this will be the State of Verizon, not California. Food will be served in large, community dining halls because the price of food will be so high that the average, individual household won't be able to afford it whereas the community hall can buy and prepare in bulk. There will be walk-in, free clinics for those wanting abortions. The sale and use of tobacco and alcohol will cease but smoking pot will be legal everywhere. The government will discover that heavy pot use induces pacifism and makes for an easily controlled population. There will be a pill that, when taken, will actually be better than sex which will begin to erode opposite sex atraction.(I think it's already available in some larger cities) Vacations will be limited in the amount of miles that can be travelled to reduce greenhouse gases. Longer trips can be purchased meaning the rich will be able to go wherever they want. The best doctors and medical equipment will only be available to the rich at private resort-type facilities. Everyone else will have to go to public clinics that will be at the same location as the community dining halls. That will eliminate having to route public transportation to more than one location. All citizens will be required to take public transportation except for those that can afford their own vehicles and fuel. When you die, nothing you owned will be able to go to your family; it will all go to the central government that will slowly disperse, what they don't want to keep, to the people that can't take care of themselves. (Much like California welfare) Other than those little changes, things shouldn't be much different than they are now. :)

You may not be right. Your state is due to fall into the Pacific soon-ain't it?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote: "Your state is due to fall into the Pacific soon-ain't it?"
No, our Seanators voted against it. We are going to just throw all of our guns into the Pacific instead. "the Pacific"?........pacify!,......pacifism!!......NOW it ALL makes sense!

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The world will never make another 100 years,signs of the times my friends,signs of the times.And it is only going to get worse Hope for the BEST,PREPARE for the WORST. God Bless Chris

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In another 100 years people will still be finding unique and creative ways to talk government politics on forums where it's not allowed. Most of these people will be the direct descendents of those who did the same thing 100 years before them. :laughing7: The world will keep turning, fast food will still be here, and by that time someone will have invented a type of tiny handheld metal detector that will locate gold rings a mile away and thirty-feet down. :icon_thumleft:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I believe in a hundred years the skew cap and pull tab will be a treasured find.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another toy will help destroy
The elder race of man
Forget about your silly whim
It doesn't fit the Plan!

And the meek shall inherit the earth...

"I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening.

"My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons.
I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all..."

I. Overture

II. Temples of Syrinx

... "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests..."

We've taken care of everything
The words you hear, the songs you sing
The pictures that give pleasure to your eyes.
It's one for all and all for one
We work together, common sons
Never need to wonder how or why.

We are the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx
Our great computers fill the hallowed halls.
We are the Priests, of the Temples of Syrinx
All the gifts of life are held within our walls.

Look around at this world we've made
Equality our stock in trade
Come and join the Brotherhood of Man
Oh, what a nice, contented world
Let the banners be unfurled
Hold the Red Star proudly high in hand.

III. Discovery

... "Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful" ...

... "I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it! ..."

What can this strange device be?
When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate and give music
What can this thing be that I found?

See how it sings like a sad heart
And joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain
Or notes that fall gently like rain.

I can't wait to share this new wonder
The people will all see its light
Let them all make their own music
The Priests praise my name on this night.

IV. Presentation

... "In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed throughout the silent Temple Hall." ...

... "Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet..."

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
But I've found an ancient miracle
I thought that you should know
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do
There's something here as strong as life
I know that it will reach you.

Yes, we know, it's nothing new
It's just a waste of time
We have no need for ancient ways
Our world is doing fine
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the plan.

I can't believe you're saying
These things just can't be true
Our world could use this beauty
Just think what we might do.
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do

Don't annoy us further!
We have our work to do.
Just think about the average
What use have they for you?
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the Plan!

V. Oracle: The Dream

... "I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase" ...

... "I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of all these things ..."

I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light?

I stand atop a spiral stair
An oracle confronts me there
He leads me on light years away
Through astral nights, galactic days
I see the works of gifted hands
That grace this strange and wondrous land
I see the hand of man arise
With hungry mind and open eyes

They left the planet long ago
The elder race still learn and grow
Their power grows with purpose strong
To claim the home where they belong
Home to tear the Temples down...
Home to change!

VI. Soliloquy

... "I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

The sleep is still in my eyes
The dream is still in my head
I heave a sigh and sadly smile
And lie a while in bed
I wish that it might come to pass
Not fade like all my dreams...

Just think of what my life might be
In a world like I have seen!
I don't think I can carry on
Carry on this cold and empty life

My spirits are low in the depths of despair
My lifeblood...
...spills over...

VII. The Grand Finale
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other

"I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon. City and sky become one, merging into a single plane, a vast sea of unbroken grey. The Twin Moons, just two pale orbs as they trace their way across the steely sky. I used to think I had a pretty good life here, just plugging into my machine for the day, then watching Templevision or reading a Temple Paper in the evening.

"My friend Jon always said it was nicer here than under the atmospheric domes of the Outer Planets. We have had peace since 2062, when the surviving planets were banded together under the Red Star of the Solar Federation. The less fortunate gave us a few new moons.
I believed what I was told. I thought it was a good life, I thought I was happy. Then I found something that changed it all..."

I. Overture

II. Temples of Syrinx

... "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests..."

III. Discovery

... "Behind my beloved waterfall, in the little room that was hidden beneath the cave, I found it. I brushed away the dust of the years, and picked it up, holding it reverently in my hands. I had no idea what it might be, but it was beautiful" ...

... "I learned to lay my fingers across the wires, and to turn the keys to make them sound differently. As I struck the wires with my other hand, I produced my first harmonious sounds, and soon my own music! How different it could be from the music of the Temples! I can't wait to tell the priests about it! ..."

IV. Presentation

... "In the sudden silence as I finished playing, I looked up to a circle of grim, expressionless faces. Father Brown rose to his feet, and his somnolent voice echoed throughout the silent Temple Hall." ...

... "Instead of the grateful joy that I expected, they were words of quiet rejection! Instead of praise, sullen dismissal. I watched in shock and horror as Father Brown ground my precious instrument to splinters beneath his feet..."

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do

Our world is doing fine
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the plan.

Listen to my music
And hear what it can do

Don't annoy us further!
We have our work to do.
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the Plan!

... "I guess it was a dream, but even now it all seems so vivid to me. Clearly yet I see the beckoning hand of the oracle as he stood at the summit of the staircase" ...

... "I see still the incredible beauty of the sculptured cities and the pure spirit of man revealed in the lives and works of this world. I was overwhelmed by both wonder and understanding as I saw a completely different way to life, a way that had been crushed by the Federation long ago. I saw now how meaningless life had become with the loss of all these things ..."

Home to change!

VI. Soliloquy

... "I have not left this cave for days now, it has become my last refuge in my total despair. I have only the music of the waterfall to comfort me now. I can no longer live under the control of the Federation, but there is no other place to go. My last hope is that with my death I may pass into the world of my dream, and know peace at last."

And lie a while in bed

My lifeblood...
...spills over...

VII. The Grand Finale
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.[/QUOT

FAR OUT DUDE. Bet you have the old timers here reaching for a bong. Oh wait, I'll be 64 on Saturday. Now where did I put those hits of purple owsley? Guess I'll be building houses on the ocean floor, reaching for the alien shore...

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jeff of pa said:
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the Plan!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQEgZNqa8jE

I. Overture

II. Temples of Syrinx

III. Discovery

IV. Presentation

I know it's most unusual
To come before you so
Listen to my music
And hear what it can do

Our world is doing fine
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the plan.

Listen to my music
And hear what it can do

Don't annoy us further!
We have our work to do.
The elder race of man
It doesn't fit the Plan!

Home to change!

VI. Soliloquy

And lie a while in bed

My lifeblood...
...spills over...

VII. The Grand Finale
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

One of my fav albums when I was a teen.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a hundred years oil will be plentiful but un attainable as it has been outlawed. Technology for solar and wind power will be far superior, but with no government subsidies will be to expensive for anyone but politicians.

The super healthy agrarian society will be totally torqued off because they are digging furrows with rock bladed shovels (the crazies have outlawed iron, steel and power provided by animals.

The famines and warming/cooling will be proven as a hoax and there will be forestation so thick that farming will devolve to the point that all of the populous cities have to abandon their towers or starve. It will already be to late for freedom as de-evolution has been engineered to keep the populace subservient.

More healthy? Really? Without modern conveniences? Find me a point in history where people lived longer or more comfortable than right now! I cannot believe I read that. Since some of you seem not to work outside you can romanticize it all you want, I like air conditioning and heat when I can get it. And I like my tractor!

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya want Reality ?

in 100 years I see us still wasting money on space exploration, but it will really be
a cover for putting weapons & spy equipment up there to track everyone.

People will still be crying that we are going to run out of oil soon, & a tank of gas will cost $200.00
of course if you own a new $1,000,000.00 car that runs on air or sun power,
there will be a $200.00 By-weekly Surcharge (hidden Tax) because the end of the world nuts will
be claiming it's using up the suns rays, and causing the winds to disappear.

Food will be as plentiful as it is now but expect a large can of generic coffee to run you $50.00
and a Cup of coffee at the local restaurant $5.00
Meat will be illegal, and sold in the underground, the world will be over run by free roaming cows, pigs,
chickens etc and a T-Bone stake purchased in the underground will cost about $100.00 raw.
you'll also need to go into the woods or a cellar hole to cook it up, & Be careful not to get caught,
since open flames will be outlawed.
and killing or eating animals will get you a life sentence. & at least one large state
in each timezone will be a prison state.
Prisoners will have to farm the land. & 50% of what they grow will be supplied Domestically to the population, the rest shipped to 3rd world countries free of charge

there will be no trash, you will go outside twice a day stand in line for corn, carrots, & Lettuce
& on sunday's they will add a Potato to your meal. any waste will be eaten by the free roaming animals.

there will be allot of diseases, some new ones, and depending on what you get, you will be shipped to
either Recouping stations, Or you will just disappear. but there will be no charge.

Not much will change for the wealthy, but to be considered wealthy,
you will need to prove a Billion dollar self worth to become Tax Exempt,
and live in selected zones.

& yes there will be a draft & we will be at war with Canada, & Mexico
because we will need new people to control since allot of U.s. citizens will be escaping to these countries,
for better & free Lives
Soillent green...... Polly want a cracker

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop nails it.
Apathy, short sightedness and a greedy instant gratification attitude is the problem here.

Future generations will either cuss us, or history will not be taught at all and they will not know of our ignorance.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Check out the new Popular Mechanics. Seems a group of folks have formed a company that has a hundred year goal of mining asteroids. Article is extremely interesting.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I saw that but the article on the 2013 Shelby Mustang made me drool all over the mag and I had to get rid of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread