Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Goat man' spotted in mountains of northern Utah

This July 15, 2012, image provided by Coty Creighton shows the "goat man," in white at center, right, near Ogden, Utah. This man spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah has wildlife officials worried he could be in danger as hunting season approaches. Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said Friday July 20, 2012, the person is doing nothing illegal, but he worries the so-called "goat man" is unaware of the dangers. (AP Photo/Coty Creighton)

hosted2.ap.org.jpeg

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, I thought you would be more up on modern culture, everyone knows the goat man is none other than Jim Breuer :laughing9:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Official: 'Goat man' in Utah mountains is hunter

OGDEN, Utah (AP) — State wildfire officials have identified the man who has been spotted dressed in a goat suit among a herd of wild goats in the mountains of northern Utah.
Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said Monday the mystery man is a 57-year-old hunter from Southern California.
Douglass told the Standard-Examiner that the hunter called officials and provided enough information to put their curiosity to rest. Douglass says he didn't ask for a name.
The man told Douglass he was preparing for an archery hunt of mountain goats next year and testing a goat suit. Douglass says the hunter came to Utah because he heard it was easier to get near goats for training.
The man described his suit as a hooded painter's uniform and a fleece.

Still seems a bit dangerous to me.
there are hunters out there that mistake people for turkeys.
Why make things harder ?

I'm not saying I would ban his right to pretend to be a goat.
people should be allowed to tempt fate. but dressing like your prey
is a bit crazy to me.

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
If two guys dress up in a horse suit, they can get in the water and almost pet very nervous ducks. Such are the ways of the nimrods.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel sorry the the guy that shoots goat man thinking he is a real animal. then that guy gets sued up the wazzoo.

Anyone, anytime pretending to be 'game' is a moron.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or what does he do if a big old grizzly sees a 'wounded and acting stupid goatie'. one that looks like it has 4 broken legs? I am sure the grizzly will hear the dinner bell ringing! munch!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread