**** THE FACTS ****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What do we get from the sea besides fish?
- Sulpher is extracted bu drilling deposits from platforms in the Gulf of Mexico
-Oil as we all know
-Phosphorite, Nodules off the Cal. coast give an abundant supply of fertilizer
-Diamonds,pearls,sand,gravel and shells come from sea floor and beaches.
-Ores of tin,thorium and titaniumcome from the floor of the sea.
-Bromine 75% of US supply comes from the sea.
-Magnesium all of the US supply comes from the sea.
-Salt a lot of it comes from the sea
-Manganese 1.5 trillion tons of manganese nodules on the bottom of the Pacific Ocean contains 50% of the manganese and small amounts of nickel, copper, cobalt and other metals
Fish Pap 1.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Making SENSES

How many senses do we really have?
-TASTE
-SMELL
-HEARING
-TOUCH
-SIGHT
-PAIN
-WARMTH
-COLD
-KINESTHETIC {muscle expansion and contraction}
-HUNGER
-THRIST
-EQUILIBRIUM or BALANCE

fire ants_edited-1.jpg

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sea gives WAY more than listed and effects WAY more on this earth than one usually understands.

-PAIN
-WARMTH
-COLD
-KINESTHETIC {muscle expansion and contraction}

using the word "feel' would cover all this and that comes under touch mostly LOL

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably senseless responding to this thread, and I don't know if this will make any sense to you sensible people but, what about "common sense"? Is that a sense? I sense that it could be. I have a sense of pride when I tell folks I feel I have common sense but many of them lack a sense of humor and feel I'm degrading them. Some may find this all nonsense but that's my 2-sense worth. :) Does this make sense to anyone?? I sense there are those out there that feel the same as I do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
FarmerChick. In a way yes, but touch and feel are usually associated with using the hands and you could apply those terms to any part of the body, like your mouth or toes.

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel pain, warmth, cold and feel muscle contractions.
I can't touch pain. but I can touch warmth and cold and touch muscles that twinge under the skin.

ok, touch, feel, with mouth or toes or hands or whatever....I think they are all the same now HAHA

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
packerbacker said:
It's probably senseless responding to this thread, and I don't know if this will make any sense to you sensible people but, what about "common sense"? Is that a sense? I sense that it could be. I have a sense of pride when I tell folks I feel I have common sense but many of them lack a sense of humor and feel I'm degrading them. Some may find this all nonsense but that's my 2-sense worth. :) Does this make sense to anyone?? I sense there are those out there that feel the same as I do.

Interesting ... Common Sense ... yes a good one. However isn't there a government regulation to control it? If not, it most certainly is considered politically incorrect to use "common sense". It is probably banned in public school curriculum.

Merlin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread