jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. O'Farrill apparently is a rare Soul this day and Age. Much Respect ! is all I have to say

BaronH

Jul 15, 2008
Forgiveness is good and it is biblical. As a Christian I believe he should be forgiven but forgiving someone doesnt wash away the sin of their actions. I believe he should be punished because forgiveness, in a biblical sense, doesnt shield or free you from the consequences of your misdeeds.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course he should be forgiven..............heck, so should Hitler for that matter. Let's forgive evryone. My god, being THIS liberal feels so fuzzy and warm! I'm just amazed at how godlike I feel having the forgiving power. Ok, now everyone is forgiven and it's now time to slowly lower them into a vat of battery acid.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
No, Holmes should not be forgiven by us. It is up to God to decide those things. Slaughtering innocent people for attention and to become infamous is not something anybody should ever forgive. His attempt to "play crazy" is further evidence of his lack of remorse and attempt to manipulate. I have spent thousands of hours around schizophrenic/crazy people. Schizophrenic people are not able to read and study 1500 page manifestos by other serial killers. Schizophrenic people cannot get themselves admitted to graduate programs in neuroscience. Schizophrenic patients without medication are barely able to function...let alone plan and execute a massacre of that magnitude.

Holmes is a sociopathic killer with no regard for others and no remorse for what he has done. He is a danger to society and should be executed.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God forgives, it is our legal systems job to set up that meeting...

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck, let's forgive him for not asking for forgiveness yet.......kumbaya.................altogether now.......kumbaya.........................................oh kumbaya...................

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest Problem is the Police & Media are now causing the Police to treat
all movie goers here in PA as potential psychos.

I swear they think everyone who goes to see batman is nutz.
some theaters won't allow costumes anymore

they are all being patrolled by police inside & outside :icon_scratch:

who are the Psychos ?
I say those trying to create paranoia.

it happened, it's over, Live your life as you see fit !

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
HELL YEA
that is my kind of thinking

God forgives, it is our legal systems job to set up that meeting...

I agree with both of the above, as did someone else . . .

Romans 13 1 said:
Let every soul be in subjection to the superior authorities, for there is no authority except by God; . . . for it is God’s minister to you for your good. But if you are doing what is bad, be in fear: for it is not without purpose that it bears the sword; for it is God’s minister, an avenger to express wrath upon the one practicing what is bad.

That ought to explain why some in government don't want to punish wrongdoers. (BTW, nice posts Packerbacker and BaronH)

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
My biggest Problem is the Police & Media are now causing the Police to treat
all movie goers here in PA as potential psychos.

I swear they think everyone who goes to see batman is nutz.
some theaters won't allow costumes anymore

they are all being patrolled by police inside & outside :icon_scratch:

who are the Psychos ?
I say those trying to create paranoia.

it happened, it's over, Live your life as you see fit !

Who goes to theaters anymore? I can hold my water long enough to wait for it to come out on DVD and save the cost of admission for two people, overpriced popcorn, and not to mention the cost of transportation. Back in my day, before DVDs, videos, and even TV, movie theaters were THE thing for dating and socializing. But that was before all the new tecky stuff. As I grew older I became more uneasy about being packed into a theater with restricted knee room.

Now we may see metal detecting cages at theater entry doors, and armed security guards. It is a sad sea change for our society.

I will watch the upcoming Olympics on TV with a nagging and uneasy feeling. It unquestionably is a terrorist ripe target. Now we have to be concerned about copy-cat "Jokers" sporting dyed red hair.

Sorry, my soapbox just happened to be handy tonight.

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean Moonrover.
I always wonder when someone says they want to be famous and have attention. to me you just become a visible target.

I said to hubby the other day about theaters LOL...who goes anymore? I guess the young ones. that isn't me anymore :)

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As one who has studied social psychology academically,
I will profer this analysis based upon my known facts:

Mr. Holmes is one who was intensely involved with on-line "role-playing" of various violent games.
Such activity leads to a proclivity of dissonance of reality.
As such, perhaps the ramifications of his actions were not truly appreciated by him as reality.

I believe that he, as a potential "genius," based upon his collegiate progress, felt that he WAS "The Joker," and that he was more intelligent than the pedestrian citizen or law enforcement official.

I believe that he, as one of higher intelligence, was shunned by peers
and felt socially ostricized leading to delusions of grandeur.

How better to prove his superiority than by performing a personna greater than what could be depicted upon a simple movie screen?

Should he be forgiven? No.
He should be placed in secure surroundings and receive the help that he exhibits is needed.

With the proper therapy, he may one day realize the results of his actions.....

Scott

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder how many people who came in contact wtih him throughout his life thought---hmm...this guy is a nutjob. gonna be a killer probably?
How many looked right past him and ignored the signs?

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of jumping the gun that this guy is a looney I think he's playing the liberal media like a top. He's way to smart not to give the impression he's nuts, This is just what he wanted, name recogonition I truly think more news would be generated if the survivors each were given a hammer, nails, and some wood enough to erect 13 stairs and a trap door. (Trouble is all the union noose tirers are gone guess that symbol offended some)? 2nd problem is they would be told they didn't build that. LOCK AND LOAD

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of jumping the gun that this guy is a looney I think he's playing the liberal media like a top. He's way to smart not to give the impression he's nuts, This is just what he wanted, name recogonition I truly think more news would be generated if the survivors each were given a hammer, nails, and some wood enough to erect 13 stairs and a trap door. (Trouble is all the union noose tirers are gone guess that symbol offended some)? 2nd problem is they would be told they didn't build that. LOCK AND LOAD

onfire, Just Curious.
Do you believe a totally "sane" person would do this ?

Become a Batman fan to the point of Emulating the Joker.
set Traps all over his house
& Go to a theater full of people & Open fire.

Personally if he is Sane I Hope the rest of us in this world Aren't.

Personally I say he's Loonier then a fruitcake,
or at least was to the point he woke up & thought
"What the &*^% Have I Done ? " if he has.
he may still be 3 sheets to the wind on what & why he's in jail.

Insanity isn't a 100% not Guilty.

Nobody frees a Rabid Or wild animal into the public

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of jumping the gun that this guy is a looney I think he's playing the liberal media like a top.

:laughing9: :laughing9:

his lawyers are going to play the media card now. telling him how to act etc. to get him off with 99 years instead of a life sentence :laughing7:

you can't possibly say he isn't a looney. you have got to be kidding! planned shooting with intent to kill movie theater customers. OK that is not looney.
WHAT THE? :occasion14: so when I decide to mow down a school full of kids in a classroom you best know I am not looney. just goofing off and letting off steam for the day.

I can't help it. I just don't get what you wrote.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The pool of public opinion can be so easily swayed that yes, the monster can play the media and will probably never pay for his actions.

Look at the guy over in Sweden (I think, I'm sure if I'm wrong there's a certain Brit who will correct me :laughing7: ). He will get free room and board until he dies of old age in exchange for killing some 70+ people including school children.

Let him off if he's crazy? No, just clean the gene pool a bit by destroying him.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honestly, we shouldn't even be discussing this dirtbag.. Why give him his 15 minutes of fame :dontknow: Yeah, I know it's current and relevant, but that's what he wants.... Attention, and plenty of it.

Sorry, but he's on my pay him pay him no attention list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions