inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
penny9.jpg penny6.jpg penny before grout.jpg penny8.jpg

That's right that is 31,140 pennies your looking at on the floor. This is said to cost between $2.50 & $3.50 per square foot including the pennies, grout & polyurethane floor sealant. I just had to share this, maybe I didn't pull this find out of the ground but I found it online & if you ask me a find is a find :hello2:

I think this is a very neat idea for those of you out there with an excess of stinkin Lincolns just sitting in boxes or jugs! Notice they are all heads up & facing the same way. I guess there are even some wheats mixed in with the bottoms of those facing up to give family & friends a challenge to look for if they get bored. Even if you bought the pennies & other material at $2.50 to $3.50 per square foot that isn't bad at all for such a unique floor.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute, but a complete waste of money..

That copper plating will wear off the pennies in no time, like after a few washings, leaving the zinc to rot quickly :tongue3:

Just look at some of the recent finds you have :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spart, I disagree. The pennies are covered with polyurethane and will not be affected by water. Think of a wooden bar that has papers, etc., on the surface under the polyurethane. They don't get wet.

BTW, neat looking floor, but too much work! I'll go with wood any day.

Anita

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some poor guy gave up trying to dump from CHR!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I'd thought of that.

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pennies will not wear or oxidize as they are coated with 3 layers of polyurethane sealant, the floor is smooth to the touch. Every penny was individually positioned & glued with Weldbond Glue. He say's it took about a year to complete doing it on weekends & rainy days only. The grout is black sanded grout & he started with a concrete floor so not much prep was involved. Tho in the pic below it doesn't show em on a concrete floor maybe that was the trial run to figure just how many pennies were needed?

The section in this pic is 5000 pennies pennies 5000.jpg

Last edited:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pennies will not wear or oxidize as they are coated with 3 layers of polyurethane sealant, the floor is smooth to the touch. Every penny was individually positioned & glued with Weldbond Glue. He say's it took about a year to complete doing it on weekends & rainy days only. The grout is black sanded grout & he started with a concrete floor so not much prep was involved. Tho in the pic below it doesn't show em on a concrete floor maybe that was the trial run to figure just how many pennies were needed?

The section in this pic is 5000 pennies View attachment 660328

The vinyl flooring is probably laid over the concrete floor, this would put the pennies on a movable substrate, and also act as a barrier to protect the pennies from the acid corrosion that may occur.

It also may be stamped concrete.

Last edited:

feidzd

Apr 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every penny was individually positioned & glued with Weldbond Glue.how luxurious they are!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
A buddy of mine, Tnet member, just did his bathroom floor that way about a month ago, looks very cool.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you drop a cent on the floor and try to find it pure madness

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you drop a cent on the floor and try to find it pure madness

LOL you are 100% correct! good way to keep the kids busy for a while, just toss a penny on the floor & say now go find it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread