Mars / NASA / Curiosity ... 7 minutes of Terror ?

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
jeff of pa said:
So what do ya think ? will it work ?
or become space Dust ?

will we be given Raw Color Photographs, or edited B&W pics ?

or will it really be done at area 51 (CGI) ? :laughing7:

Watch Curiosity's Landing!

Mars Science Laboratory: Participate

Yessssss !! Watched the animated promo. Good stuff. NASA best do all it can to keep the interest up or what is left of their funding will fade. Countless trickle down value has come from the old NASA space work. It hurts me to think our tax money has been deemed to be more effectively placed down the rat holes of foreign aid, winless wars, and feel good social experiments.

Right now NASA knows it is in survival mode. A good showing here (Curiosity robot) might do it.

I want to see those HD photo shots aimed at something other than a sand dune though. Geesh, guys at NASA listen to me on this one. Motor that little buggy over to some building foundations for a change of scenery. Oh and another thing; that hover craft that dropped the land robot off .... it was rigged with cameras to take some pictures while motoring off across the Mars landscape ... yes? Please tell me you thought about getting some low-level fly by shots.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

Last edited:

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would rather be spending it on space research than pouring it down a bottomless hole in welfare..... Federal government spends approx $700 billion and states another $300 billion for a total of approximately $1,000,000,000,000 (1 trillion) a year on welfare..............W[FONT=cd9800338d999ea00bc3d238#ec0000]e are doing something wrong. We continue to throw money down a hole that has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficent, instead we have a class and generation of people that now look at welfare as something they are entitled to...[/FONT]

I like all of this except, "spend it on space research". Go ahead spend on some space research, as long as you are keeping costs as efficient as possible (hahaha-what? OUR gov?!), but I'd rather the rest be given back to the taxpayers (not those who do not pay any taxes, but get a refund, ACTUAL taxpayers).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread