Banning Soda

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personal freedoms being erroded away by good intentions. In schools, it is a good idea. Now the State needs to police themselves, and leave the rest of us alone.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
at the kids school is a drink machine sells diet soda,water juice,next to that vend is a vend that sells chips and candy
i remarked soda sugar is dif than candy sugar,the kid says only dif is fat content

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the latest here Upper Dauphin elementary to be peanut-free this year

Although well intentioned, what happens when a Kid bites into a Reeses peanut butter Cup ?
is he hauled off to the district Justice, where they threaten jail time for him & his parents
along with expulsion ? do men in white suits & oxygen masks swarm
and put the school in a giant enviromental tent ?

Police, Government & schools should have no say on what anyone ingests unless it turns them into
a psycho who wants to run other peoples lives, like vegetables , tofu & other health foods do

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
farmer, this has been going on for some time. It's not the soda, but rater the super-sizing. The mayor wants a limit I believe for the small mom & pop and gas stations to only sell up to 16 ounces. This only hold true for fountain served sodas, you can always buy a 2 liter bottle and down that with no problem :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
farmer, this has been going on for some time. It's not the soda, but rater the super-sizing. The mayor wants a limit I believe for the small mom & pop and gas stations to only sell up to 16 ounces. This only hold true for fountain served sodas, you can always buy a 2 liter bottle and down that with no problem :laughing7:

"I'll take 2 16 oz cups of Coke" :icon_thumleft:

Are they going to refuse to sell me 2 ?, 3 ?, 4 ? if I have the $$

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Incremental-ism. The "high fructose corn syrup" thing a year or two ago couldn't do away with soda, so they figure they'll try another way.

To the folks who don't get upset about stuff like this . . . just wait until them come after your chamomile tea and artificial sweeteners.

The anti-happiness police are growing. The only question is, in the nanny state, who's gonna be under attack next?

And what about the radio frequencies from our metal detectors? Could they be harming our children?

WAKE UP!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably just like filters on cigarettes - a gimmick to sell more product.

was thinking the same, I don't know what a Big Gulp costs,
but if it's 32 OZ I'm sure 2 16's cost more then 1 32 oz. also.

The soda fountains win

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Government Nanny is EVERYPLACE !! So many rules telling us what we CAN'T eat, do, speak or think that it would be simpler for the gummit to publish a list of what we are allowed to do. One side of a 3x5 card should handle it.

M

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I was talking to a manager at a Mickey D and he stated that they make more from the soda than anything else. Frank Wine and coins.jpg

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I throw 90% of mine away at fast food restaurants whether I eat there
or take out. I always order small but I don't think small exists for adults.

IF they give me the empty to fill, I usually only fill half way & still throw 90%
in the garbage bin.

If I get it at the drive through, it usually tips over on my floor at some point
while rounding a corner or stopping fast.

only reason I take any is it's included in the price of the meal,
I almost always have a can of Ginger ale with me

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other

See crap like this is why I no longer live in the US. Served six years in an ODA with tours in the Ghan, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq and various regions of Africa.

I get medically retired from one bad day to just come home to things like interruptions of my own free will. People protest our funerals, bad mouth us for following orders, the country has fallen to social and economic crap, no one can accept blame and they screw with free will.

Ban soda because it makes people fat... Great :censored: idea.... Just as long as they leave the lard & oils in every last imbiss & take out.

What ever happened to promoting intelligence? Thats out the window too, our nation built on immigrants and stolen after the invasion from the real host nationals and yet most of the US runs around screaming speak english.

They should ban outdoor activities of any kind whilst day light. Looking at the sun can cause damage to your eyes, it does not mean you will look at the sun, it is just a fail safe.

I have been to 68 countries and have never found one with such disgusting rules & laws as my own country. Happy to never return and never raise my kids in such an environment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bloomberg is the same guy that is trying to ban guns in the United States. Mayors for gun control or some such thing. He just likes to have the average citizen completely under his thumb. I can see taking out the soda machines in schools, they are government property. But leave our convenience stores and restaurants alone!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Remember what happened when they banned beer? Also remember what happened when the King imposed the stamp act? Frank

Eagle 1   700.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if someone buys a 2 liter what will be the penalty? a big old fat fine to line the pockets of the city? $400 bottles of soda?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bum luck, that's because they serve Coke and not Pepsi and theirs contains the real deal, special order :laughing7:

Why else would it be so addicting :dontknow: :tongue3:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gross profit margin on selling water and sugar is incredible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread