Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wildfire ash in river could befoul Colorado beer

FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado brewery said Thursday that it's monitoring the water it gets from the city of Fort Collins to make sure residue from a deadly wildfire that blackened a northern Colorado river doesn't befoul the taste of its beer.
New Belgium Brewing, the maker of Fat Tire beer, says so far there haven't been any problems. Brewery chemists, however, will be keeping watch after identifying six compounds in Poudre River water that could cause problems.

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fat Tire beer?

the world won't end for me because I won't be buying this product :occasion14: must be a local obviously.

never did think about what might be in the water tho after big fires. interesting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want drink Fat Tire beer how about Moose Drool beer, Big Sky Brewing in Montana.....? LOL I had a trucker bringing it to me in florida for awhile, but she retired, I'm down to one case now :BangHead:..... I can't get it East of the Mississippi river and love it....It is a rich dark ale..............

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about the bottles but the beer sure is collectible .....

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure_Hunter said:
Don't know about the bottles but the beer sure is collectible .....

Prior to the time when Coors started distributing east of the Miss. river, I would bring back a case of those little 7 oz bottles (full) and give to my father-in-law with the stipulation that he gave the case of bottles back when empty. Then since one of my hobbies was selling stuff at week-end flea markets, the empties got sold ... one bottle at a time. Put out only one bottle on the table marked $1 each. Then as soon as a buyer walked away with the "rare" find, I'd put out another bottle.

A friend who did the flea market hobby too always carried a large polished copper kettle to display. He set it on the ground, and had a tiny price sticker inside on the bottom. Several markets went by before I asked him why the kettle isn't selling. He said, "Look at the price". I did but it was hard to read down in the bottom. $799. His reason ... gals would lean way down to see the price, sometimes do it more than once and tell him the price is way too high. He'd say, no mam, its worth it to me. <lol>

M

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Fat tire and Moose Drool? Gosh, I've been missing out! On the Island the hit right now is camel phlegm beer. It's okay but a little on the slimy order.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Nebraska and would go home to fla on vacations. I use to pull a 4x6 trailer filled with cases of Coors. I sold them then for $2.00 a bottle, $9.00 a 6 pack $28 a case at the beaches. This was in mid to late 70s early 80s

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, they could always change the name to FF beer, or Forrest Fire Ale! Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Frankn said:
Hay, they could always change the name to FF beer, or Forrest Fire Ale! Frank

And it IS fire brewed. Another bragging point. Drink a case and you too can put out forest fires.

M

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quit complaining and be thankful they don't charge you for the extra ingredients :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
HAY, some good lines up there you guys! Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread