GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big? Heck, that's a fishing worm down here in Southwest Georgia.:laughing7: I'm joking of course. Man, I'd have a heart attack if I found myself close to that.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm almost having a heart attack just seeing the picture..... God if I ever came up on one in real life I'd for sure drop dead!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG....and I LIKE snakes!

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Check out the fangs on that thing

image-1163230876.jpg

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a great catch. What did you do with it.
When I lived in West Texas we did the rattle snake round up every year and would average about eight fifty gallon trash cans of live rattler's. Good meat, but that one could sell for some good money.

OP
OP
L

lost hunter

Oddjob said:
When I lived in West Texas we did the rattle snake round up every year and would average about eight fifty gallon trash cans of live rattler's. Good meat, but that one could sell for some good money.

Not found by me That was in AZ. 15ft long weight was estimated at 170 lbs I have no love for snakes

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Copperhead not that bad.....Eastern Diamondback hurt tha baby. See quite a few Timber Rattlers around here but they look like earthworms compared to that thing. Have to wear chaps up to your neck.:hello2: May start wearing them again after seeing that.

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm almost having a heart attack just seeing the picture..... God if I ever came up on one in real life I'd for sure drop dead!
I'm with you Lady Pirate,,totally that's not on my wish list:cat:

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's okay you can keep your money,,yikes!!!:laughing9:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would scream like a girl and run far, far away!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looked like a big beautiful animal and it's a shame that they felt the need to kill it. As for the rattlesnake roundups... I would like to see somebody try to start a Puppy and Kitten Roundup with public skinnings and beheadings. Pretty sure that would stop real quick.
Good info:
Endless Forms Most Beautiful » Blog Archive » Rattlesnake Roundups: Blatant Animal Cruelty
Good video if you don't like to read:

Great Video,even if I don't like snakes,it's sad what they do to those snakes,sadly tortured,,I hope I just don't come across any snakes:cat:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like the video showed, they don't really want to run into you either!

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep,
That's a big Western Diamondback. In some of the desert sand rail and Baja races the drivers are issued a .40 caliber semi-automatic because of the prevalence of these BIG snakes. They are known to hunt down their prey and crawl faster than you can run.

Check out the PA Ghost Town group pictures and you'll see a 4 foot timber rattler that we caught this summer....and I thought it was big.
I wonder what the striking distance of that BIG snake was.

Cheers
:occasion14:

In Pennsylvania there is no shortage of rattlesnakes and they are protected. In fact there has been a population explosion of them over the last couple of years. The one that we caught was a lot more aggressive than the ones in the guys video above.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
That looked like a big beautiful animal and it's a shame that they felt the need to kill it. As for the rattlesnake roundups... I would like to see somebody try to start a Puppy and Kitten Roundup with public skinnings and beheadings. Pretty sure that would stop real quick.
Good info:
Endless Forms Most Beautiful » Blog Archive » Rattlesnake Roundups: Blatant Animal Cruelty
Good video if you don't like to read:

This is hilarious, I can not believe this person actually stamps her name to this.

"But rattlesnake roundups involve the wholesale capture, torture, and killing of thousands of animals in the name of sport and entertainment. And quite honestly, I thought we were past that kind of cruelty today."

I have yet to even hear of a rattlesnake round up like this. I have been to many but hey like the author said. She never heard of one before, so she based all her knowledge and life experience on a couple link, links that are most likely blogs of more crap.

That was pretty funny, especially here on a treasure hunters website, where habitat displacement is widely promoted for no other reason than the "Next Find".

Good luck with your puppy & kitty round up; keep us all posted on how that works out for you, especially if you find a puppy or kitty that is a venomous predator that could provide the world with a single antibody. Just ensure you comply with standards from Pharmacopoeia & World Health Organization.

milehigh

Jul 10, 2012
Castle Rock,CO.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting at an old vacant farm house the other day....alot of thick brush and quite frankly, I didn't hit some good spots cuz I had my headset on, alone, and we got some rattlers out here, and just didn't want to spook one of those. Not afraid of snakes...but the bite is a killer. Fry that one up in a little butter and your good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread