What Are you Thankful For This Year?

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
WOW, I actually read every post in this thread. I couldn't say it any better than PBK. I don't get to detect much, and post even less. I found TreasureNet by mistake almost 2 years ago and have lived vicariously through allot of you since.I've seen members come and members go and cant say I've disliked anyone, I even miss a few.This place does feel more like a family then anything else and I'm glad to have met all of you. Happy thanksgiving and holidays to all!!

Kenb

p.s. thanks for spell check too!

p.s.s And special thanks to the TNet girls, you guys have made this place like a home.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! Gypsy, this post is just another reason why I care so much for you. Happy Thanksgiving to your family and the TN family. You all are the greatest. :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am outta tissues.

Thanks for sharing your story with us Gypsy. :)

I have so much to be thankful for. I have had a very blessed life. A great family and wonderful friends. Until four years ago, I had no idea how really thankful I should be. Thankful, I am.
This place is a special place and the people here are what makes it special. Red mentioned the hunt in Missouri. When I started on my trip to there, I already knew most everyone that was going to be there. Not because I had met them face to face, but just from reading what they wrote. Happy times, sad times and all the in between that everyone shares here gives one a great idea of who they really are. I was not disappointed when I arrived in Missouri. Everyone was just a great as I knew they would be. :)

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Nana :)

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks everyone for your beautiful and heartfelt posts. I am so happy I found this forum and all of you. I am heading out for my sisters right now ,ten pies loaded in pick up...Hahaha....Take care and each of you have a very Blessed Thanksgiving....Will be back Friday Night ,so am hoping to see alot of new finds posted and not just piles of turkey Bones ! :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Thankfull My Cell Phone never fell in the Water ;)

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posted for member A side from the tragic happening of Gypsy's Father. And I think a lot of folks here have been through these things. And still are. In the few that I have let into my life, Gypsy knows the most. And now a couple others are now privy of that info.

But that is not the point, I think my point is this. Things happen in life. Sometimes the whole rug gets yanked out from underneath you. You have a choice, you can sit there and feel sorry for yourself( it's OK we all have done it.), or you can dust yourself off, get up, and get back at it. And we have all done that too. Some have mentioned faith, bless you for it, and never let go of it. It is one of the true things that can get you through those dark times. For this I give Thanks.

I give thanks to the Almighty for letting me have a roof to put over my families head. I give thanks for the food that is there every day. I give thanks for God to have faith in me to send my wife to me, especially having faith in me to letting me have two wonderful children. I am thankful to live in this country! I give a special thanks for those brave men and women for doing something for us, when they would rather be somewhere else. I give thanks to the folks here, even MAP!

Just don't forget what you have, and don't dwell on the things you don't. It will only kill you inside. We are all have something to be thankful for. Just look around you. Next time you are walking down the street, say hello to a stranger. It may create a cause, and effect.

So where ever you are tomorrow, or any other day, look the person next to and say hello, or I love you, and I am glad to have you in my life. If you don't knock on the door no one will ever answer. I for one don't want to miss out on that chance of what that person may bring to the table.

And I give Thanks for all of you..Posted for member

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
my heart goes out to you ,i know what its like to loose your dad ..mine passed 5 yrs agol
the blessing are the memories left behind.Im thankful for all those intertwined in my life/

the folks here are a big part....many thanks

Randall

M

mchamby

gypsy you brought back memories that I try not to think about but once in awhile they present themselves for me to ponder over again, it isn't a bad thing but unless someone has been so close to death they would not understand. Several times I have been in intensive care and on a ventilator. One of those times there were other patients on either side of me with only a curtain in between and on two different occasions I got to hear the Drs and Nurses talk about turning the life support off, both of those time I heard the persons last breath and no breath and no heart beat, it was devastating for me but looking back it made me stronger because I knew I was not ready and I didn't want to be the next person, the sad part is that there was no family there for these people they died alone. How strong you and your sister must be to have helped your fathers spirit pass over what a great father he must have been to have created and molded two such loving strong women, one can only hope when their time comes that their family has such love and kindness in their hearts.
I am thankfull for each day I can walk and breath at the same time, I am thankful for my daughter and grandson and the ups and downs of life that I have gone throught because that means I was alive that day. If you expect less out of life and give more, tomorrow will be a better day.
Mchamby

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Wonderful writing, as usual, Gypsy.

I'm thankful for my daughter, Ashley, aka Diggingirl. She is my life, my hope and my dream come true.

DM

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am bawling like a baby here at my desk. It couldn't have been said any better....Steve

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Gypsy,
I don't know how I missed this post last year, but I'm stunned by your loss. Our family's hearts go out to you and thank you for causing us to stop and think about what, and who, really counts in our lives.

Although I will probably never meet any of you in person, I feel like I know some of you fairly well. I am thankful for you all. I am thankful most of all to God for our jobs, our home, our family, our church, and our friends. And I include you all amongst them.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone in the TNet family! Somewhere between smelling the turkey roasting in the oven and jamming down the second piece of pecan pie, stop for a moment to give thanks to God for what He has given you. We each owe Him our all!

Peace and grace to you,
Bob (and the family)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Thanksgiving

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 346

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Great post Gypsy!!

My father passed away in November 2001 and his favorite time of the year was the holidays Thanksgiving and Christmas. Remembering the joy he had putting all the decorations up and even jingleing some bells outside on Christmas Eve when my brother and I were very little, we thought Santa was coming for sure. Our family singing carols while decorating the tree........................

Got to go get a tissue.

THANK YOU ---for your awesome post.
The Dimeman.

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
gypsyheart said:
The reason for this story is not to make you feel sad, but rather to make you Thankful.

It still bought a tear to my eye and my chest clenched up, but the point remains the same.
I'm always thankful for loved ones and time spent together.
Thank you for sharing.

K

KirkTN

My eyes are spilling over as I type. I am so sorry you had to live through such a traumatic experience. It is such an awakening when something so tragic and sudden happens in our lives. One day we will know all the answers of why. You write beautifully too I must say. Wow.

My little sister was murdered in 1991 and I have never to this day known such a feeling of loss until I read this post. I'm okay now, I just hadn't been moved like that in a while.

God Bless you and your family Dear,

See ya on the Net

As a writer myself, I know that good can come from putting your feelings on paper and I Thank you for sharing this story with me.

Sincerely

Kirk Roth

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
An old post................. ;D :wink:

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.
Hope your together with the ones
you love.

:'(

all have a good un.........

That time of year again.

This year is the first one in a long time that
both of my boys are in the States.

all have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
WOW...had to shut my office door after that one....thank you Gypsy for reminding us that we have much to be thankfull for...remember that your father's last day was a happy one with his loved ones all around and he died doing what he loved...i too lost my 13 yr old nephew on an atv accident 3 yrs ago...he was like a son to me...my wife and i helped raise him as his mother was young and a single parent...the only solace we have is that he died doing what he loved to do most...ride his atv...
PBK...that says it all :thumbsup:
thank you Rob for bringing this past post to our attention...we needed that...your a good man :thumbsup:
Kirk...i don't know what to say.....hope you guys are doing well now...your in my prayers

this reminds me of an old saying my mother used to say to me when i would complain about not having something i wanted...."I USED TO CRY BECAUSE I HAD NO SHOES ...TILL I MET A MAN WHO HAD NO FEET"....be gratefull for what you have there's always someone worse off than you
Happy Thanksgiving to my new family at T-NET...I Love You Guys and Gals
George

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
An old post................. ;D :wink:

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving.
Hope your together with the ones
you love.

:'(

all have a good un.........

That time of year again.

This year is the first one in a long time that
both of my boys are in the States.

all have a good un...............
SHERMANVILLE
Thanks Sherm...even as the years go by ,the pain doesnt lessen. As my children grow,its hard not to have their grandpa here to "show them the ropes"....I see so much of him in them and know he would be so proud of them.
I am thankful again for having such a wonderful dad in my life and my heart goes out to all of the wonderful Tnet friends who have lost loved ones the over the years.
I am so glad that your sons are home for you.
Have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions