You Know Youre Getting Old When....

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You Know You're Getting Old When....

Hello Friends!
Here's a fun little thread to provide humor on aging.
Be imaginative and make us all enjoy, through humor, the fine art of getting old!

You know that you're getting old when:

You hire neighborhood kids to dig your metal detector signals 'cause your knees would like to disagree with such activity.

"Junk Mail" is predominantly from AARP.

A nickel or a dime had great buying power.

Older people start to call you, "Sir."

You remember what it meant to be an "American."

Oh, and get the "Hell off my lawn, buy a freakin' belt to hold your drawers up and turn that baseball cap around like it should be, ya damn kids!"

Always my best wishes,
Scott

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
You get shocked when you look at price tag or buy gas.

Your arms seam to be to short to read.

Your glasses prescription seams to change each year.

You wonder what you came into the room to get.

You don't like to drive at night any more.

You have trouble changing that exhaust pipe that was easy last time.

You enjoy rolling over and going back to sleep in the morning instead of jumping out of bed when you wake.

You start looking for THAT LAST BIG CACHE.

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 334

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The range on your detector you call an "iffy" signal gets wider and wider.....

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Almost everything you do or say has become "Politically incorrect".............whatever THAT means.

Politically Incorrect - 1) A wuss's phrase to denegrate anyone stating the absolute truth about another or (more often) the wuss. 2) Any fact that exposes what a deadbeat the wuss you're talking about really is. 3) Anything that requires a wuss to be responsible for their actions.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you are getting old when..........

you answer this question and others know they are old too when they know exactly what you mean when you post your answer :)

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you are old when you are looking for the rewind button on the DVD player.:laughing7:

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
You are old when you can remember that mail and newspapers used to be delivered by a mailman and paperboy. You are really old if you can remember that milk used to be deliverd by a milkman. rockhound

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love y'alls replies!

I know I'm getting old when I can't hear you too well on the phone or I have to turn the TV up to watch Matlock, but the current "music" is too loud at ANY volume.

Also, when I wake up to "Snap, Crackle and Pop" and it ain't breakfast.

Best,
Scott

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find yourself making more and more lists, You might be gettin' old.

If you freak-out because you can't find a specific list, You might be gettin' old.

Best,
Scott

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
AU24K, think you are getting old, wait until you can't use the phone and need the captioning on the TV. Frank hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn my Friend,

I've had this new-fangled cell phone for about 5 years when one day recently I was going to make a call and the screen showed a pair of feet. MY feet. Moving!
Somehow, certain buttons were puhed and, well....
Dang! My PHONE takes pictures!

We are all past Dick Tracy's wrist-watch phone/communication abilities---we are now about to trump Buck Rogers...

Sheesh(?)

Never too old to be young,

Scott

PS. You need to quit lookin' in my window...Yes, I have added "closed captioning" to my TV viewing. LOL!
(Took me over an hour to figure out because of the interruptions caused by those kids cutting across the lawn...)

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You could always get a cold steel blow gun from Cold Steel Knives. They have "stun" darts. You could start tagging them after you knock them out. Bright yellow spray paint across the forehead would work so you could identify the ones you had already tagged and give them a bit more Umph when you shoot, or maybe know when to go for a head or groin shot.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My life diminishes by the day, (as does yours) and on my final day I'd like tobacco, strong whisky and the company of family and friends.
You are invited...

Best,
Scott

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't like Tobacco, can't drink anymore, so I'll take a double helping of friends and family.

Be well.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could always get a cold steel blow gun from Cold Steel Knives. They have "stun" darts. You could start tagging them after you knock them out. Bright yellow spray paint across the forehead would work so you could identify the ones you had already tagged and give them a bit more Umph when you shoot, or maybe know when to go for a head or groin shot.

Hmmm...You just might have something here...
Damned loveable kids....(Parental discipline including spankings goes a long way towards providing guidance....)

That brings up a whole 'nother subject of discipline. Did you ever get a spanking? What for?

I can tell stories of my many spankigs while I was growing up for hours.
(I really was a good kid, I was just a victim of circumstances...)

Scott

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions