OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
For all you guys that are going to donate items to the benefit, It would help if you both took a picture and posted a description so I can list the stuff and generate more interest.
Thanks,
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hey everybody!
At the very least we'll have BBQ ribs, Fried Chicken, Beeerrr, Cheeseburgers, Hotdogs and bunches of other foodstuffs. Island Music, maybe not live this time, but at least you'll be able to hear it...Maybe SCUBA lessons, and a Treasure Hunt.
There will be cobs, shipwreck treasures, and a whole lot more available as raffle items and auctions.
And last, but not least, all you interesting characters!
BTW, this is a family affair, so don't be afraid to bring the children unless you fear they may grow up to be PIRATES!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Flyer

Here's the flyer I'm going to post in Sebastian and Vero.

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer.jpg
    Cookout Flyer.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to Tom. All of us men over 49 years old should get check out for all kind of Cancer including Colon Cancer.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Best of luck to Tom. All of us men over 49 years old should get check out for all kind of Cancer including Colon Cancer.

That's right Sam. I had a colonoscopy about 3 to 4 years ago and will get another this year to play it safe. It is painless and the only real way to check for and eliminate those polyps that the cancer cells grow on.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
It seems even more treasure coins are being added to the raffle/auction!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I talked to Taffi Fisher today. She's going to donate a 1715 plate fleet or Atocha 8 Reale cob coin to be auctioned off at the benefit. Also she will be there for a short time to visit. Also, Elle has sent me her last copy of her book "The Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet" that will also be available! This may go on auction or in the raffle! I will also offer 3 rice bowls dated around 900 AD from the Vietnam wreck of the Tang Dynasty era which I got from Treasure Huntin' Tom. Additionally, I'll put up for auction, out of my personal collection, an original Tairona Indian Pre-Colombian Tumbaga figurine of unknown age to generate interest. I'll post pictures of my stuff and Elle's book next week when I get back from the Keys. BTW, Elle is also known as Laura Strolia, a wonderful researcher, so you don't want to mis what she has to say!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Daniel Sedwick sent me two books today to be used as a raffle item or to be auctioned off for Tom's benefit. One is a signed copy of his Fourth Edition " The Practical Book of Cobs". The other is a signed copy of "The Tumbaga Saga" Treasure of the Conquistadors by Augustin "Augi" Garcia Barneche.
Thank you Dan!
Aquanut John

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I talked with Ray Walker with Kellyco today. I think at the very least they will be donating a metal detector for the raffle/auction. They may do more. I will post details as I get them.

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Well, I'm back from the Keys! Had a good time and managed to recruit a little help with the cookout while down there.
Hey Dell, the Steel Drums are perfect. We'll also have a DJ. They can give each other a break so they too can enjoy the cookout. I'm going over to Kellyco either tomorrow or Thursday to talk to them about the cookout.
Thanks Bigdogdad!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bigdogdad has arranged for a donation of 4 metal detectors from Kellyco. I'm going to get together with Ray tomorrow to pick up what he has ready. I've also been in touch with the rep from Whites and he'll be setting up a booth at the cookout. We'll be getting packages in the mail from reps also. The response from treasure hunting and metal detecting clubs has been unreal. This is gonna be BIG!
I wouldn't be surprised if we top a thousand people! It has grown beyond belief!
Thank goodness for the people that have privately contacted me and offered their help!
I'm going to try and compile a list, description and pics of the items donated for the auction and raffle so I can generate more interest. If you're gonna donate something, could you quickly take a picture, add a description and post it so I can get a list?
There's a lot more, Including but not nearly limited to: a high grade 8 Reale either from the Atocha or the 1715 fleet from Taffi Fisher, a couple coins originally from Mo Molinar, including some others, artifacts, some ancient shipwreck treasures (Tang Dynasty Rice Bowls) and two possible pre-Columbian Tumbaga figures from the Tairona Indians in Colombia. There are signed books from Dan Sedwick, and many others I'll detail later in my posts, I just don't have the time at the moment. I need to get details and take pictures of stuff I already have and get it on the shipwreck thread of treasurenet.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I picked up 250 backpack combos from Kellyco, that will go with the first 250 meal tickets. Ray Walker also had 3 MPX metal detectors ready, so I picked them up also. He said he'd call me for me a pickup when the Ace250 comes in. Great Guy! He said he's going to try and be at the cookout too.
Aquanut

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I know this is an old thread, but it deserves being bumped up again.

I hope your freind Tom, aquanut, is doing well. (I am sorry as I dont know him, but wish him the best anyway)

Colon Cancer is something near and dear to my family, and I think this is something that everyone should think about.

Pardon my french, but guys, pony up, put your best cowboy hat on and big boy panties on,..

(please forgive me),... and get your stuff checked. It isnt unmanly.

In fact it makes you more manly,... and for a longer life.

There is nothing wrong with a proctologist spelunking in this regard. You wont feel violated.
Just do it. Everyone who cares about you will appreciate it.

Tom,... hope you are doing well. I know this thread is dated, but I will say anyways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Yeah, I had one about 5 years ago. I'm due for another. As you say, it's no big deal having the colonoscopy and they can remove the nodules that cancer can develop on as they check you out. Another side benefit... Nobody can say you're full of $ht for at least a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread