spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes things are just lost in translation and we're not talking the movie either

Whether it's history, or a story straight from fiction, the real story is sometimes all but forgotten.

What??? has this Spartacus character flipped his lid :icon_scratch:

Nope, and here is just one quick example. Most people here know the story of Cinderella and her glass slipper. But few, if any, really know the original story. All I can tell you for now is that she wasn't wearing glass slippers in the original story.. You can attribute the new and Americanized glass slipper version to some poor translating :laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are many like Alice in wonderland was taken from Alice's adventure underground.
In many writings, the expression " 40 days " is used, but what is really meant was " enough time to complete the task ". You can find it in Spanish writings and in the Bible. There is a lot of "shorthand" in the old writings. Frank

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yup, mistakes are commonplace.

Anyway, so you all learn a little something new, the slippers were made from fur

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any stories passed down by word of mouth are going to be twisted many times. snowball effect with things added and deleted. translating, stories carried down thru the generations, legends starting on small true facts and snowball into blown out stories etc etc.

that movie translation stunk :)

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You damm people are ruining those stories for me. I know Cinderella had glass slippers cause I saw it on Disney. Next you'll be tellin me Cookie Monster ain't real. By the way, seen his new song? Share It Maybe? It's Carly Rae's favorite spoof of her song.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
austin said:
You damm people are ruining those stories for me. I know Cinderella had glass slippers cause I saw it on Disney. Next you'll be tellin me Cookie Monster ain't real. By the way, seen his new song? Share It Maybe? It's Carly Rae's favorite spoof of her song.

Austin you are are trip,my kind,unreal.Keep it up,you make my day. ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread