spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tonight brought one of these good idea, bad application stories.

Working all night can be a drag if it weren't for the radio, CD player, or some other entertainment since you barely see any people. Then again, sometimes the drivers will provide my needed entertainment and last night was one of those nights.

Apparently one of the drivers really did some shoddy work at one of the mall and the supervisor called him on the radio. I would have called the fool on his phone not to embarrass him, but that's another story for another day. Anyway, let's listen into this conversation.

Supervisor - Frank: This is L-15 to L-1 Greg, do you copy?

Driver - Greg ------------------------

2mins later Frank: This is L-15 to L-1 Greg do you copy.

Greg - I copy

Frank AT Costco you didn't do the whole job what happened?

Greg - I did it..

Frank - I am in their lot the sidewalk wasn't cleaned, nor the corners

Greg - uhhhh

Frank - Why didn't you do the job as listed on your sheet

Greg: It's dark

Frank - Greg we work during the night

Greg -------------------------------------

I feel sorry for Greg, his train of thought was derailed at the station :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Pay no attention to 2 and 3 , Spart . They are just pickin because we have been forced to be so mellow here . I'm sure that they both know about the strange things that happen when you work the night shift .
Jim

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I worked nights on a hilltop, lonely old gas station at the edge of San Antonio. That was 1971-1972(I think). It was so lonely even the robbers never went there. I used to sit outside the office, gazing at the lights of the city and read books that were ultra liberal. It fanned the desire in me to get up off my hippy butt, go to college and do something with my life. So I did and it made me the useless S.O.B. that I am today. OMG, quick, go get a day job.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I've worked nights at a lot of jobs in the last 50 years . Most fun was at a whiskey still . 20 years of it was in an underground coal mine . The day shift guys only saw sunshine on days off . That was scary to me . I emerged from that hole most mornings into a rising sun and was reborn . :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread