Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
looks like everyone but me Chadeaux......:)

I sure hope the groupies have me on ignore.

On the other hand, I do love the way certain ones who like to complain about my posts --- when they don't see me post for a while, show up and check my status page.

Well, not gone . . . just giving them a breather.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
No I like to pick and choose. Everyone has good and bad days. Besides that, I like to know what is going on around me unlike the person who inserts his ear buds and drifts into his own personal world and one day gets yanked out of it. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 75

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, at the risk of sounding "political", I figure, if I just listen to the things I like to hear I'd end up as uninformed as many voters. There, I didn't specify which party. :).

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux, Red James, SpiritRelic and Outlaw. what do they have in common? hmm.

What I find funny is over 1 year on this forum, and you know people are on other forums, like you didn't have a clue there was an ignore button.
Ignore posts is on darn near every forum on the internet. What a concept! BUT lets make a big old post about it. :)

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
packerbacker, That is why you have to keep your BS filter in tune! Frank

Attachments

• Bull.jpg
    Bull.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 96
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just have a bad tendency. I see someone twist my words or accuse me, and I get this crazy idea that I can set things right; the crazy idea that the truth can be explained and my words better understood. Then they get twisted again, and I get reported by someone (don't know who) or maybe even someones, and then I'm getting warned to clean up my act.

Figure if I can't see what they're saying, it won't upset me or my wife who thinks this person pays too much attention to me and my posts.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I just have a bad tendency. I see someone twist my words or accuse me, and I get this crazy idea that I can set things right; the crazy idea that the truth can be explained and my words better understood. Then they get twisted again, and I get reported by someone (don't know who) or maybe even someones, and then I'm getting warned to clean up my act.

Figure if I can't see what they're saying, it won't upset me or my wife who thinks this person pays too much attention to me and my posts.

Chad one day you will realize that you cant beat idiots at their own game.Theyre pros we're just amateurs .

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad one day you will realize that you cant beat idiots at their own game.Theyre pros we're just amateurs .

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. But I still like the ignore button. It may be what's keeping this thread from being closed.

Maybe that person or those persons could put ME on ignore. Then EVERYONE could feel as relieved as I do.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: If the only way you can tolerate someone is by ignoring them , Go for it :icon_thumleft:

not only can I say Naturally I don't ignore anyone because I'm a Moderator,
but in all Honesty, I do not dislike a single one of the members here enough to wish I could ignore them.

IMO just like it takes all kinds to make the world go round,
same goes for TNet :headbang:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe that person or those persons could put ME on ignore. Then EVERYONE could feel as relieved as I do.

That will never happen, whining and moaning about things that they cant control becomes a way of life to some people.They need their daily fix of putting their nose where it doesnt belong,its habit forming.sad but true.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
:laughing9: If the only way you can tolerate someone is by ignoring them , Go for it :icon_thumleft:

not only can I say Naturally I don't ignore anyone because I'm a Moderator,
but in all Honesty, I do not dislike a single one of the members here enough to wish I could ignore them.

IMO just like it takes all kinds to make the world go round,
same goes for TNet :headbang:

Since I don't mod or admin on these forums, I have only one tool at my disposal to stop the harassment. Don't like using it, but on the forums I have been privileged to admin, I also have another tool to use when someone follows me around like a love sick puppy.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually chad you have this too.

State Cyberstalking and Cyberharassment Laws

Last update: March 23, 2012

PLEASE NOTE: The National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) serves state legislators and their staff. This site provides comparative information only and should not be construed as legal advice. NCSL cannot provide assistance with individual cases.
Overview

Many states have enacted "cyberstalking" or "cyberharassment" laws or have laws that explicitly include electronic forms of communication within more traditional stalking or harassment laws. In addition, recent concerns about protecting minors from online bullying or harassment have led states to enact "cyberbullying" laws. This chart identifies only state laws that include specific references to electronic communication. However, other state laws may still apply to those who harass, threaten or bully others online, although specific language may make the laws easier to enforce. This chart classifies the various state laws addressing these three different types of online behaviors, as described below.

Cyberstalking. Cyberstalking is the use of the Internet, email or other electronic communications to stalk, and generally refers to a pattern of threatening or malicious behaviors. Cyberstalking may be considered the most dangerous of the three types of Internet harassment, based on a posing credible threat of harm. Sanctions range from misdemeanors to felonies.

Cyberharassment. Cyberharassment differs from cyberstalking in that it is generally defined as not involving a credible threat. Cyberharassment usually pertains to threatening or harassing email messages, instant messages, or to blog entries or websites dedicated solely to tormenting an individual. Some states approach cyberharrassment by including language addressing electronic communications in general harassment statutes, while others have created stand-alone cyberharassment statutes.

* Note: This chart does not cover cyberbullying laws. Cyberbullying and cyberharassment are sometimes used interchangeably, but cyberbullying generally refers to electronic harassment or bullying among minors within a school context. See the NCSL's Education Program's cyberbullying page for more information on cyberbullyings laws and legislation.

Cyberstalking and Cyberharassment Laws

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Jeff, well put my man!! I like everyone on here, in various extremes of course. :) What gets me upset is when I observe a group of members, all of which I like in one way or another, not getting along. I have no reason whatsoever to use an ignore button. How can I possibly know the other side of the story if I never listen to it?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I don't mod or admin on these forums, I have only one tool at my disposal to stop the harassment. Don't like using it, but on the forums I have been privileged to admin, I also have another tool to use when someone follows me around like a love sick puppy.

Yes I suppose the fact I can Nuke anyone here if they attack or harass me,
tends to make things a bit more comfortable. so things may not be quite as cut & dry.

But I usually try to behave no matter where I am, so odds of being attacked anywhere on the internet,
I Think, would be rare

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no reason whatsoever to use an ignore button. How can I possibly know the other side of the story if I never listen to it?

Plus we may miss something interesting :laughing7:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@RedJameCash: Working with attorneys and Judges on a daily basis, I am familiar with those details. I have mentioned it while being chastised, and the person doing the chastising saw the mentioning of that information as making a threat against Tnet so I decided the ignore button was a better choice.

@Packerbacker: I understand wanting to know both sides. For me though, being part coonass cajun, let's just say when you put me hot, I respond. Not a good idea in the current climate of PC behavior throughout society today.

@Jeff: Somehow, I don't experience the pleasure of rarely being attacked. It's a pretty steady flow of personal stuff which is aggravating enough, but when they follow you everywhere and have to comment on everything you say, well again, I am not the quiet sort. Unfortunately, I'm the one who pays and pays and pays for not ignoring the comments. Easier to ignore the poster. Then, no matter what they say, it doesn't make me angry.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That will never happen, whining and moaning about things that they cant control becomes a way of life to some people.They need their daily fix of putting their nose where it doesnt belong,its habit forming.sad but true.

Pot calling the kettle black!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread