Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: AND we know some people on this planet couldn't do it if their life depended on it !!

“No one is too big to be courteous, but some are too little”
Ralph Waldo Emerson Quotes

“To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals courtesy, to inferiors nobleness.”
Benjamin Franklin Quotes

“Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.”
George Washington Quotes

“He who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love”
Proverb Quotes

“Don't flatter yourself that friendship authorizes you to say disagreeable things to your intimates. The nearer you come into relation with a person, the more necessary do tact and courtesy become.”
Oliver Wendell Holmes Quotes

“When music and courtesy are better understood and appreciated, there will be no war”
Confucius Quotes

“Courtesy is a small act but it packs a mighty wallop”
Lewis Carroll Quotes

“Politeness is the art of choosing among one's real thoughts.”
Abel Stevens Quotes

“It is better to have too much courtesy than too little, provided you are not equally courteous to all, for that would be injustice.”
Baltasar Gracián Quotes

“Nothing is ever lost by courtesy. It is the cheapest of the pleasures costs nothing and conveys much. It pleases him who gives and him who receives, and thus, like mercy, it is twice blessed.”
Erastus Wiman Quotes

“Intelligence and courtesy not always are combined;Often in a wooden house a golden room we find.”
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow Quotes

“The small courtesies sweeten life; the greater ennoble it.”
Christian Nestell Bovee Quotes

“If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world.”
Francis Bacon Quotes

“Courtesies of a small and trivial character are the ones which strike deepest in the grateful and appreciating heart.”
Henry Clay Quotes

“Life is not so short but that there is always time for courtesy.”

“True politeness consists in being easy one's self, and in making every one about one as easy as one can.”
Alexander Pope Quotes

“We must be as courteous to a man as we are to a picture, which we are willing to give the advantage of a good light.”

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I love this!! Thanks, I will be passing it on. Too many of us have forgotten the importance of common courtesy.

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is so true mama.

being in the South I have to say that mostly people are courteous.

I really think sometimes we have to slow down, relax, chill, be nice and enjoy life without having battles in them constantly for no reason other than drama.

As much junk is posted about cruddy, nasty, weird, wild things, drama stuff, sometimes we just gotta read the good things!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, the early bird catches the worm, but when I even attempt to be courteous I get the bird :laughing7:

OP
OP
FarmerChick

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah, Spart, anyone gives ya the bird you flip it right back. It is courteous to respond to anothers gesture ya know :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw some actors do it after a play once, but I wasn't about to stand up and do it back. Just looked too femmie to me.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Who the hell wants to catch flies? Courtesy? Yeah, like holding the motel room door open for her sister, letting her eat the worm even if you're the one that finished the bottle of mescal, not telling her the truth when she asks you if you think she's fat, not telling her to shove her copy of Bride's Magazine when she shows you this "precious" dress, not hooking up with her best friend even when you get the chance, not telling her that just because she's 18 doesn't mean she has to act immature, telling her that you and your friends are going fishing for the weekend instead of the bars in a mexican border town. Courtesy, yeah, I know about that...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the insults Yomma, insulting a member in a foreign language want work, google translator covers lots of languages......

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I want to give up on humanity and then I witness a simple, self-less act of kindness and realize just how special people really are...

peace,
cc

Kelly_Mac

Oct 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friendliness and courtesy have to begin at home. they canot be turned on and off on your whim. if one is not always courteous, then they are not really courteous at all. it is false front.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friendliness and courtesy have to begin at home. they canot be turned on and off on your whim. if one is not always courteous, then they are not really courteous at all. it is false front.

I agree, same as with honesty and integrity...you can't be dishonest in one area (e.g. business) and honest in another. It's all or nothing...but it is a lot harder to be courteous all the time than it is to be moral and ethical. If somebody does lapse into momentary rudeness it's easy enough to forgive 'em provided it isn't perpetual.

peace,
cc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread