Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobbi Kristina Brown has got engaged to her "adopted" brother Nick Gordon

The aspiring actress - who is the daughter of Bobby Brown and the late Whitney Houston - surprises her dismayed family with the news in a preview from her upcoming reality show Houstons: On Our Own, nervously telling them: "We're engaged!"

Nick was informally adopted by Whitney when he was 12 and the pair were raised as brother and sister. They were "always close" growing up but their relationship changed as they got older and they sought comfort in each other after Whitney's death in February and started living like a couple in Atlanta.

Bobbi Kristina to wed 'brother' - Yahoo! OMG South Africa

--------------------------------

ok, put aside they are known because of the celebrity status...............but if raised as brother and sister (but not formally adopted into the family) IS THIS COOL?

kinda icky to me in a way. but then again it isn't like they are blood???

thoughts?

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Informally adopted?? What does that mean?? Usually a family member is all drugged up so the other not-as-screwed-up family members take them in. Usually it's grandma in these cases but money is involved here. Let them be, at least they won't be flooding the welfare rolls with their offspring.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
There are two factors to consider here. 1 they aren't legally brother and sister if one is not legally adopted. 2 They are not blood related. This eliminates the inbreeding factor. So what's the problem.
I have raised 4 adopted and one permanent foster child. Frank

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 79

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Reality Show"........Hello! :laughing7: For the right price/profits I'd tell the world I was going to marry my dog. Controversy sells so on down the road it will all fall apart, just as scripted, and they'll move into separate mansions and then introduce the world to a few entirely different provocative and controversial plots. All the while the world will be tuning in to watch the so called freaks who are raking in the $$$$$. It's a time tested concept that just keeps working and working.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
No offense there southerners, but don't you live in a place where you go to family reunions to meet girls? A place where the definition of a virgin is a girl that can outrun her brother, and a place that furnishes Jerry Springer with all sorts of interesting contestants? Come now, remember what we know about casting the first stone...

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Informally adopted means he lived with the family. I see no problem with this. But, that's just me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread