Miniature Mans Dog?

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miniature Man's Dog?

Labs, retrievers, setters, you know, man dogs, I love them. But, where I live we are restricted to a 20 minimum, one of those community rules that I fully understand and appreciate, but come on.......where am I going to find a miniature man dog? Springer Spaniels are great dogs, great, but too big, man dogs. I had a Springer once, beautiful dog, a man dog, I loved that dog. Heck, I even had a bull dog once, a man dog for sure, but obviously more then a touch over the 20lb range. I don't know that I've ever even seen a man dog around 20lbs, do they even have man dogs that small. Never seen a chihuahua jump in a cold water lake and retrieve ducks? Are they kidding, a small man dog, is there such a thing?

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mini doberman pincher.

while he is mini, he has that dobie look. at least he 'looks' terrifying....NOT HAHA

this is my kids dog and hubby doesn't mind it. in fact he likes the little doggie. He weighs 9.9 lbs. Papillion

imagespap.jpg

My daughter named him BOLT (this is not his actual pic, but he looks just like this) great dogs. This dog is an absolute chick magnet and everyone else magnet. :)

go get one :)

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
actually the bundle of $ I give to the vet to keep the ticks off them weighs more than that

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You need something to run your life, something that will let you throw away your alarm clock and make sure you change your life in the right direction. You need a cat. Before you say no, just think about those frosty mornings when the neighbors are walking their dogs and you turn over and go back to sleep because kitty is using his litter...

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Russell , pound for pound they can't be beat .

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need something to run your life, something that will let you throw away your alarm clock and make sure you change your life in the right direction. You need a cat. Before you say no, just think about those frosty mornings when the neighbors are walking their dogs and you turn over and go back to sleep because kitty is using his litter...

A cat! I have never been too attracted to animals that can stare at a blank wall for hours and then walk away from it as if they have been enlightened. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mini doberman pincher.

while he is mini, he has that dobie look. at least he 'looks' terrifying....NOT HAHA

this is my kids dog and hubby doesn't mind it. in fact he likes the little doggie. He weighs 9.9 lbs. Papillion

View attachment 686913

My daughter named him BOLT (this is not his actual pic, but he looks just like this) great dogs. This dog is an absolute chick magnet and everyone else magnet. :)

go get one :)

Cute....little....."dogette". :laughing7:
"Chick magnet".......uh......"mower into camper"......enough said. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know they actually have Miniature Springer Spaniels, just learned that. From what I have read they can even be taught to retrieve a downed sparrow from a birdbath. :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a mini dobie. they look like the real big dobie. at least if someone asks 'what is that?' you can say "doberman pincher" and it SOUNDS manly right?

you know it sounds better than saying "why, he is a teacup chi-wow-wow' :headbang:

View attachment untitleddobie.bmp

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a mini dobie. they look like the real big dobie. at least if someone asks 'what is that?' you can say "doberman pincher" and it SOUNDS manly right?

you know it sounds better than saying "why, he is a teacup chi-wow-wow' :headbang:

View attachment 687099

He appears to still be wondering where the rest of his tail went. :laughing7:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been thinking about a cocker, kind of a of a manly looking dog, love water, smart and teachable and loyal to their owner, but they can get attitudes towards strangers and kids, don't want that.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nah, it is all in the owner.
dogs get that way cause the owner will not correct/train the dog.

my Papillion is notorious for being 'snippy/territorial'.....everyone, from groomer to vet has said he is 'such a good Pap', 'not mean at all'---well, yea, duh, cause I trained him that way. he is a lover cause I made sure he was that way, not a fighter! :)

Big, whatever you get, you are a reflection of the muttley. seriously. simple as that.

And the tail, well that tail makes a dobie! not sure to worry about the teeth in the mouth or the tail wagging LOL good watch dog ya know

if you want a cocker, get the King Charles. Papillions are a decendent of Kings. Kings rock! You can't go wrong there.

Gunny71

Jan 14, 2009
Texas by Gawd
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant go wrong with a Dachshund.
I am of coarse biased though.
Oscar is a miniature dachshund, but large for what he is. Right at 20#'s 5 years old.
Chicks dig him!
DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0403.jpg

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gunny, where'd his front legs go? :laughing7: Cute pup but.........not for me.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking at King Charles.......but I'm thinking they're maybe a bit larger? Gonna have to check that out. :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions