Cats?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned many cats. Once, 26!
On a farm. They were "barn cats."
(a couple were allowed in the house...)

My favorite was Otis....

Picture 107.jpg
Picture 110.jpg
The Story of Otis:

One day a friend came to my house and related a story of a guy he knew who lived in the county
and one of the cats there had had kittens. This a**hole was using the kittens as target practice with his rifle!

I immediately drove to a location across a field from where this......person lived.
I parked, and made my way towards the house and found two kittens behind the barn.
One male, one female.
I was in financial difficulties at the time and found it hard to feed myself, let alone more mouths to feed.
I decided on saving the male.

I cry to this day thinking of not saving Otis's sister....
Of course, the decision had to be made quickly because of the crack of rifle fire.

Otis was my Baby.
He was a little "loverboy" to everyone.
When I was having a bad day, he would sense it and jump into my lap
and start purring BEFORE I even started to pet him.

I lost Otis one day after about 9 years of companionship.
I let him out one morning, as usual, and he never came back.
He had been in declining health and I believe that he went off to die somewhere
that I would not find him and suffer such grief....

I miss Otis.

Best Wishes,
Scott​

Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell ya something creepy now!

get this:

driving out of my dead end road, up at the stop sign is a gray cat. LOOKS darn near like Lil Kitty.

Lil Kitty is gone. I did a sweep, did the calls, and nothing. I told hubby last night looks like Lil Kitty went off to pass. And she isn't coming back.

Well over the last month been seeing this scraggy grey cat. Thinking it might be Lil Kitty. Close but not close enough.

well the thing is super skinny. no home I have to assume.

SO I am going on a mission. (I have alot of leftover cat food :) ) so you know I have to use it.

more to come on this story.

will the skinny cat become part of this home? not sure, but will venture a try! :headbang:

hubby gonna be ticked that a new one came when 'he finally' got rid of the tons of cats we did own over the years LOL joke will be on him :happysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions