Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002??? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    ya'll need to move if you are paying over $5 per lb for butter
    heck it goes on sale here for 1.99 per lb.
    I got alot in my freezer

us
    Gold digger

Jul 2008
    Jupiter, FL
    Fisher CZ 20
    21 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I just bought 4 pounds at Costco today for $8.49. And milk here in Florida has been $2.75 plus/1/2 gallon since 1990 when we first moved here, and it's still about the same price. Meat for lean ground sirloin (hamburger) is $5.75 @ Publix, $2.69 @ Costco but you've got to buy 12# @ a time. That's a lot of chili!

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    My son and I are planning on a more productive garden this next year for this very same reason. We have always had a pretty good garden but we want a "spectacular" one this next time. We are in the process now of building a new 8x12 storage shed with 6ft walls and a 10-foot high ceiling. It is being built right where the garden is to store all of the tools, hoses, starter boxes, special fertilizers, canning jars, rototiller etc. It is also located where it will block the south wind so our fire pit will function better. There is also water to that spot and we are going to add a fish cleaning table to the east side of the shed which will shade the table during fish cleaning. May have an overhang to keep rain off fish cleaners also. We are also installing a small, permanent grill in case we want some brats with our beer at the fire pit. There have been threads on this subject in the past with a lot of good info but it doesn't hurt to keep things fresh.
    Calvin.Coin and worldtalker like this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Jul 2012
    119 times
    Good post packerbacker. We had to give up our garden years ago because of deer, groundhogs, racoons, ect. Now we hit the local farmers market for fresh greens and melons. Just posted we save major bucks by shopping at our local Super Walmart. And, yep, I'm a regular at Costco. Gotta be careful and up to date at Costco. Not all those items are bargains.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Actually, we don't act like paranoid hoarders as seen on tv, we just try to be prepared to the point where we have enough on hand to last us until we figure out a more permanent solution to whatever adverse scenario as occurred. I don't think it's paranoia to prepare for adversity anymore than it is to buckle a child up in a car seat. It's just a smart thing to do. Even if you only prepare for a week, you're prepared and it doesn't take much to do that and, in my opinion, a mere week's worth of supplies will carry you through most situations. Admittedly, we are more than prepared for a much longer term but a week will give you time to react with reason and not panic.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20610 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    I've said for years,it's better to be prepared if nothing happens,if it does and your NOT prepared,it's not IF it happens,but,WHEN,need I say more?? One more way toward population control,and speaking of population control,google it!!! God Bless Chris
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6079 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    Actually, we don't act like paranoid hoarders as seen on tv, we just try to be prepared to the point where we have enough on hand to last us until we figure out a more permanent solution to whatever adverse scenario as occurred. I don't think it's paranoia to prepare for adversity anymore than it is to buckle a child up in a car seat. It's just a smart thing to do. Even if you only prepare for a week, you're prepared and it doesn't take much to do that and, in my opinion, a mere week's worth of supplies will carry you through most situations. Admittedly, we are more than prepared for a much longer term but a week will give you time to react with reason and not panic.
    Used to keep a couple bug out bags for the family, but I've been kinda lax lately. Just enough to get by minimally for a week or so . . . natural disaster or anything else.

Thanks for the reminder.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Feb 2008
    Great Lakes State
    dirtfishing
    2719 times
    silver surfing
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I've raised hens, fish, and had a garden for years. I also take wild game, although my wife and kids won't touch any of it. My wife does the shopping so I don't really notice the price increases. What I did notice is the price of new cars. I had to buy us each one this fall, I coulda bought a couple houses, would've been cheaper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links