Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002???

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Actually, we don't act like paranoid hoarders as seen on tv, we just try to be prepared to the point where we have enough on hand to last us until we figure out a more permanent solution to whatever adverse scenario as occurred. I don't think it's paranoia to prepare for adversity anymore than it is to buckle a child up in a car seat. It's just a smart thing to do. Even if you only prepare for a week, you're prepared and it doesn't take much to do that and, in my opinion, a mere week's worth of supplies will carry you through most situations. Admittedly, we are more than prepared for a much longer term but a week will give you time to react with reason and not panic.
Used to keep a couple bug out bags for the family, but I've been kinda lax lately. Just enough to get by minimally for a week or so . . . natural disaster or anything else.

Thanks for the reminder.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've raised hens, fish, and had a garden for years. I also take wild game, although my wife and kids won't touch any of it. My wife does the shopping so I don't really notice the price increases. What I did notice is the price of new cars. I had to buy us each one this fall, I coulda bought a couple houses, would've been cheaper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread