Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002???
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20603 times
    The one everybody else missed.

Have you kept up with Food Increases since 2002???

Cheer up mates,with the drought it'll get Worse!! God Bless Chris What Was The Price Of These 21 Everyday Items 10 Years Ago? | TheBlaze.com
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8664 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    No doubt it's gotten worse and will continue to for some time yet. "Solutions" to help ease these burdens is, perhaps, what needs to be posted. That might prove to be a very interesting thread. In fact, I think I'll start one.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20603 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    No doubt it's gotten worse and will continue to for some time yet. "Solutions" to help ease these burdens is, perhaps, what needs to be posted. That might prove to be a very interesting thread. In fact, I think I'll start one.
    Grow your own,mini gardens take up very little space. A couple goats and chickens don'i hurt either!
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

ca
    Oct 2011
    Quebec
    41207 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    worldtalker,

So true....being on pension we have to stretch our dollars.....make most of our meals from scratch....stock up on items on special, etc.....I started up a frugal living thread last year on another forum.....some straight forward stuff like buying a coffee machine and brewing your own version buying the takeout variety, etc....might be an idea for another thread.

Regards + HH

Bill

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6078 times
    Cache Hunting
    Just the last 4 years . . . but remember, inflation is under control:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inflation.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	689757  
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8664 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    I don't think anybody really believes that inflation is under control. Even the people who may have said it. But, as was said in Six Days Seven Nights, it doesn't evoke much confidence when the Captains scream, "Oh S**T, the ship is sinking!" Coaches, teachers, leaders, etc., a big part of their job is to keep the hope alive.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6078 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    Cheer up mates,with the drought it'll get Worse!! God Bless Chris What Was The Price Of These 21 Everyday Items 10 Years Ago? | TheBlaze.com
    Don't know where he shops, but sure wish I could go there. The prices in my chart are here at the local Wal Mart based on ads we had on hand at work and recent purchases at the same store.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    77 times
    It's also been interesting to watch as food-packaging has not only shrunk (you get less food in box/can etc.) but become cheaper and cheaper (a new-age water bottle just about tears in half with a crinkle when you twist the micro-cap). Notice that the larger pet-food companies seem to be selling their factory equipment to the smaller companies (who still package heavy duty tuna-type cans) and re-sizing to a thinner metal type of can.

I'm glad that by and large I am self-sufficient, including generating my own power and other utils...

It's crazy how the value of things is out of whack. For example you can still buy a Mosin Nagent for around one bill or easily waste that same amount on a drive across town for a night out...

peace,
    cc

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times
    those prices listed sure are not in my area.
    pound of butter is 2.67
    potatoes are .69 a lb.

I don't know where these prices come from but sure haven't seen them this high anywhere in my travels.

Granted I understand some areas are higher but I swear these charts are always blown out of proportion somehow.

But yes, things sure have gone up and will get worse.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Remember the WWII victory gardens. Anyone can grow from seed no matter where you live - I have friends growing on the 10th floor balcony of their city apartments. Best investment/return you can make given seeds cost almost nothing. Get together with friends and swap what you grow - veg, eggs, honey etc. sounds a little hippie but it works and builds a good sense of community.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Hay, as the prices go up, I seam to be eating less and feeling better! Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	689906  
    Calvin.Coin and FarmerChick like this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    77 times
    Frankn...that's the coolest pic you've posted yet, I enjoy them.

cheers,
    cc

us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    77 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 0121stockpicker View Post
    Remember the WWII victory gardens. Anyone can grow from seed no matter where you live - I have friends growing on the 10th floor balcony of their city apartments. Best investment/return you can make given seeds cost almost nothing. Get together with friends and swap what you grow - veg, eggs, honey etc. sounds a little hippie but it works and builds a good sense of community.
    Choose heritage seeds, they are more conducive to stock replenshiment...A lot of hybrids will not reproduce (many will though.) Providing for yourself doesn't sound 'hippie' it sounds smart!

peace,
    cc

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29977 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post

Prices not like that down here in Florida, although there is no doubt the prices are a lot higher than say, errrr 4 years ago....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34006 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    prices here are higher then that list says for 2012 & I buy generic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links