VERY STRANGE FACT ABOUT BLUE-EYED MEN

T

TreasureTales

Interesting "research" done by the "scientists." Maybe the subjects liked the looks of the models, but who did these guys end up marrying? Did they actually marry blue-eyed women exclusively? These studies seldom really prove anything except that somebody will do anything to get a bit of grant money (or whatever they call the same money-grubbing thing in Norway).

Genetically speaking, a blue-eyed (recessive gene) man and a blue-eyed woman can ONLY produce blue-eyed offspring. And this despite the fact that they might have had brown-eyed ancestors or even brown-eyed parents. They have a recessive gene (for eye color, if nothing else) that is their only "choice" because their are only 2 genes available to anyone at the time of conception. But a brown-eyed (dominant gene) man and a brown-eyed woman can produce offspring with different color eyes. Each kid could have different color irises. That's because the recessive gene is "hiding" in the DNA, but could team-up with another recessive gene and then out pops a blue-eyed kid. Genetics is a fascinating science.

It's fun to watch TV shows or movies with this information and then watch the screw-ups the casting directors make when they have two "parents" with blue eyes and a "child" who has brown eyes. Yeah, I get my jollies over the strangest, most mundane things......oh well.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Hmmm... interesting stuff. For what its worth: I have hazel/brown eyes and having just spent 15 minutes flipping through old photos of several past girlfriends, I now realize I've never dated a gal with blue eyes... but then I thought to myself "jeez, why did I even need to look through the photos?!" These are the details I've been so poor at observing. This is why I'm still single! I am now a changed man... I will listen, look and learn. This is perhaps the most valuable post I've ever read! :D -It's true though, not one of them evil blue-eyes amongst the whole lot. It is interesting. -Ben

T

TreasureTales

nhbenz said:
Hmmm... interesting stuff. For what its worth: I have hazel/brown eyes and having just spent 15 minutes flipping through old photos of several past girlfriends, I now realize I've never dated a gal with blue eyes... but then I thought to myself "jeez, why did I even need to look through the photos?!" These are the details I've been so poor at observing. This is why I'm still single! I am now a changed man... I will listen, look and learn. This is perhaps the most valuable post I've ever read! :D -It's true though, not one of them evil blue-eyes amongst the whole lot. It is interesting. -Ben

nhbenz, you ain't married yet because what Homo Sapiens gal is gonna wanna marry a caveman? I mean, get real. Just proves the commercials are wrong about "so simple even a caveman can do it." Obviously they ain't talking about a caveman getting a gal. ;) ;)

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
blue eyed never married or dated a blue eyed woman. siegfried schlagrule

T

TreasureTales

Siegfried Schlagrule said:

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen...another exception to the so-called rule. The ""research" is bunk, pure and simple. However, I do think the article is interesting to read, just don't expect people to heed.

D

DEMON

what if your eyes change hasel green blue no i don't have red

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RealdeTayopa said:
=Siegfried Schlagrule ]
Hmmmm Hmmmm do you know Big Cypress Hunter? Kinda cute ' eeh

Tropical Tramp
You have been spending way too much time with your mule Realde. ;) :)

D

DEMON

no problem ill get them but need help to post takkes little time think it is a mood thing

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad has brown eyes,my mom has blue.I have blue eyes and so does 2 of my sisters.I have 1 brother and 1 sister with brown eyes.I seem to have always ended up with blue eyed women,unintentionally.Of course, it doesn't matter what color they are if you can't see out of them anyway!

mercinarie

Nov 5, 2006
Western Australia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
another bit of useless information i can add to my stock pile.

tax payers money gettin put to good use i see over there.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
I wouldnt say the research is bunk, based on the fact that some blue eyed persons havent
dated or married other blue eyed persons. All this means, is that these persons had to
settle LOL Just kidding !

Those who are blue eyed, but are married to a non-blue eyes, or havent dated Blue eyes.... If you
could have ANY mate in the world, who would it be... then check their eyes :)

Just because your married or dating a non-blue-eyed person.. doesnt mean your not more attracted
to someone with blue eyes , but just cant have them :)

Im tired... disregard anything I type LOL. Interesting study though... makes ya wonder.

Reminds me of what I told my wife at the hospital ( jokingly), right before my daughter was born. (I
already knew the genetics thing... Im a science geek).. We both have blue eyes, and I told her " Honey, nows the time to admit an affair, because if she has brown eyes, your busted". I got the "very funny you jerk" response... then we laughed.

D

DEMON

YOU WHO HARD IT IS THE TAKE MY EYEBALL PICS I HOPE WITH MRS OROBIAW I CAN ESCAPE THIS BUT IF YOU YOU REALLY NEED TO SEE I WIL WORK ON IT TY DEMON

D

DEMON

well blue or not i had an icedect separted girl husband showed uped up at 4 am cops came and not 1 but the whole forcre she was a 911 operater anyway i ended up putting 2 sets of contact lens in i know my eyes were red when i met the outlaws lol sorry funny story just wish i was excluded

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread