Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes near 70 degrees yesterday here, but right now it's pouring rain, 39 degrees and temps falling thru the day to become snow.

Welcome Winter to us Northerner's!

D

damz68

Its, Friday morning here in G'ville SC. The temp right now is 69 with rain and wind. I think our temp will fall to about 55. Tomorrows high is 58. Burrrr, that is cold! I hate putting away my shorts.

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prepare for higher heating and utility bills....eekkk!

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Looks like we here in SE Kentucky kinda got lucky on that one. Early forcasts in some places had snow here as well. But we only got light rain.

Extreme North might b frozen soon, but I really feel that most of the U.S. will melt and hunting will continue for a bit. Jan-Mar is the time I feel that MDing might be done a bit.

That is just a guess of course. But unless we get stronger winters than we have been getting I really expect all of you to be detecting again soon probably within the next week.

Postalrevnant

Aussie Okie

Oct 2, 2006
Full Time RVer based in TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Oklahoma at least North Central it's a mess...about 12" of snow with ice packed underneath...yesterday we had Blizzard Warnings with 40mph straight line winds....got to stay home from work yesterday and today took a vacation day as the roads are a mess. All the major turnpikes out of OKC were closed from about 11pm last night till about 9:00am this morning. The truck drivers coming through said it is the worst they have ever seen.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come this winter.....

Paul

L

Lu Y. Hale

Here in sw OK we got school closings, general unpreparedness on our city's part. We got the wind as always, kids are sledding down hills in cattle troughs, plastic sleds, and garbage bags. Only about 2 inches at most here, but iced the roads over really well. Not a soul here that can actually drive in this mess.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEP!! nine inches here. Me and my new T2 are inside keeping warm. Reading manual when not on TN. We have saying here if you don't like the weather wait a day and it will be tatally different. I am starting to believe it. It was 69 two days ago. LOL Stay warm WarsawDaddy!! :'( :'( :'(

Burdie :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys stay warm...I am. High yesterday was 78, this morn 36...can't handle that cold wind blowing.

I noticed more members on TN at this time...too cold for any outside activities. Brrrrrrr

;) RR

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
You guys can have that snow ....its really cold here...rained three days then temperature plummeted to 10 degrees and the wind is freezing....its Mother Natures way of saying......Look the ground is frozen and you cant dig.... hahahahaha....That Mother Nature has an odd sense of humor.

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Warsawdaddy-Here in the s/w part of MO we got 2" of ice and on top of that 8" of snow.Been out all morning trying to unthaw the truck and dig my way out.I'm going to take a vacation day too.I heard the farther north-the more snow there is.What part of MO are you in Warsaw?Take care and stay warm~DM

OP
OP
warsawdaddy

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
DigMO,I finally got the ATV w/4wd and made it up to the mailbox(live on 15 sloping,wooded acres) and jumped 6 deer.They were bedded down all night I guess because each of the 6 beds were down to the grass which was still warm.From the top of the grass to the snow level was 18-20 inches depending on where you measured.We only got about 1/2" of ice luckly.I live about 12 mi SE of Warsaw (Edwards area),right between Lake of Ozarks and Truman.

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350
Hey warsaw daddy!Hope you and yours are staying warm!We got right a 16"down in S.E. ks.Everything is pretty much shut down.No diggin for quite a while....Take care and stay warm......Not to mention the temp here is 24 deg.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep high 60's here.....Skirted through PA and OH....Missed us by that much!!!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We set a record high for 12/1 today. 71 in Sunbury, PA!! Sucked though as I had to work and rained from 7am till dark. Got lucky though, we still have power after storm ripped through. St. Louis, MO has 500,000 without power and some cold cold temps!!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:'( Come on back to Bama, WSD..... I'm saving ya a spot. ;)

Nana ;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
warsawdaddy said:
Tell me again why I moved back to MO from Alabama?

umm.......the hot sun made ya do it ??? :) :)

After a big snow storm, when you're shoveling your walkway or just measuring how much snow fell, have you ever noticed a turquoise or robins egg blue color? The color isn't due to blue snowflakes nor is a result of the same process responsible for making the sky look blue. Rather it results from the optics of large, non spherical particles. If new fallen snow is sufficiently deep (more than about 10 inches or 25 cm), the myriad snow crystals both scatter and absorb sunlight (even on an overcast day). The longer wavelengths (red and yellow) of visible light are more readily absorbed than are the shorter wavelengths (greens and blues). Eventually, the red light is completely absorbed, and only blue light emerges when a hole is poked into the snow. If the hole is deep enough, the blue color completely disappears since all of the light will be absorbed.

The photo above was taken last February the day after a powerful nor'easter buried portions of the Middle Atlantic region and New England under nearly 2 feet of snow. Anytime this thick mantle of snow was jabbed with a yard-stick, blue light was liberated. Here's hoping that you have a nice Christmas and that no blue snowflakes start falling or blue memories come calling.

Attachments

• BlueSnow.jpg
    BlueSnow.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 313

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread