THE END OF THE RIDE****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Have you ever thought about what you would like to do when you get old and see the end of the trail in the distance? Being 75, this thought pops up from time to time.
Here's one scenario, I liquidate everything but my motorhome and detectors and move to The Slabs in Cal. near Niland and the Salton Sea. There's about 20,000 acres of free camping. Venders bring water and LP. There is fine gold that washes down from the adjoining mountains. This would be a casual lifestyle for the winter, but then I would have to find a place to stay in the summer because it gets to over 100 in the summer. I am still thinking about that one. Frank

Attachments

• skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn if you have dreams but can't act it is due to family ties. ASK. I would. truly if the need hits, time short, and understanding family then go for it cause I am that type :)

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, hold on to your dreams like grim death... which may not be that far off :tongue3:

P.S. Yea, that goes for everyone too :laughing7:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and my Dad is 84 and he SEES NO end of the trail. just life.

persepective my man!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I road to the end of the trail once. Nothing there but a scenic lookout so I took a gander and then turned around and came back. :dontknow: You see, that's just the thing, gotta get off the trail every once in a while to really experience life. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think I have experienced just about everything in life and even death. Before my last back operation twenty some years ago, the anesthesiology Had a hard time getting me under. he kept pumping that stuff into me. After the operation, I technically died. I was up near the ceiling watching some Female doctor yell at me and beat on my chest. She kept yelling BREATH! I opened my eyes and was back for an instant. She yelled, STAY AWAKE! I couldn't ,and went back under and was up there watching again. She zapped me I think it was 3 times and I came back. I guess it just wasn't my time to go. Frank Rose on ice 700.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions