mega-storm formation ? will east coast get hammered next week ? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: mega-storm formation ? will east coast get hammered next week ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    HA! Heading out to get bottled WATER, Trail Mix & dried fruits/vegetables, TODAY! Will have a campfire & make COWBOY COFFEE. Sandy will leave behind WONDERFUL MD'ing/TH'ing "stuff" from Florida to Jersey! HH! Tiki Bar could have a BON FIRE, on the beach...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Oct 26, 2012 at 06:56 AM.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yes, I would definitely be getting prepped to hunker down for a while. I heard this morning that the storm could possibly stall and last for days over the same area it comes in at. That isn't good at all. You're right though reb, should loosen up some old Spanish coins!
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    This site has a few simple tips for those that may be in the line of fire.
    21 Ways to Get Ready for a Hurricane Or Big, Bad Storm Headed Toward Your City
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    Reported from New Smyrna Beach today: "It's Blowwwiing! Some quick rain bands, heavy at times. Surf is angry." But in between these issues lawn care services are still at work in my neighborhood. People are still taking their daily walks. Pretty much a typical day only without beach activities. Not quite as bad here as you folks up north my be hearing. I was on the beach today and heard a reporter claiming she was having a hard time standing in the strong wind, loose fitting rain suit flapping in the wind, churning sea in the background, really had the effect of looking vicious. All around her people were walking the beach, most in shorts and a sweatshirt, I didn't see any of them, even kids, having a hard time walking.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34026 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Reported from New Smyrna Beach today: "It's Blowwwiing! Some quick rain bands, heavy at times. Surf is angry." But in between these issues lawn care services are still at work in my neighborhood. People are still taking their daily walks. Pretty much a typical day only without beach activities. Not quite as bad here as you folks up north my be hearing. I was on the beach today and heard a reporter claiming she was having a hard time standing in the strong wind, loose fitting rain suit flapping in the wind, churning sea in the background, really had the effect of looking vicious. All around her people were walking the beach, most in shorts and a sweatshirt, I didn't see any of them, even kids, having a hard time walking.
    haha Yea I'm sure they are faking allot for dramatic effect

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    Right now we're seeing steady 20 - 25 mph winds, gust to about 40, a few rare gust around 50. If this was in the summer they'd say, "Well, it's a little gusty out there today."

No doubt the sea & surf conditions are very dangerous, but the wind isn't near as threatening as they are playing up to, at least not here, not yet.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Might take a stab at coin beach DE after the cleaner goes thru. FrankName:  hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  43.9 KB

us
    Oct 2011
    Keystone state
    AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
    1641 times
    is the sky is going to fall ?

Jul 2012
    119 times
    I officially take back my flippant post. For us here on the east coast, it starting to look really serious. The last time a big storm stalled over us was in 1972, I think, and the flood damage was in the millions. Not to mention we forgot what it was like to have electricity for weeks and weeks. Houses actually washed off their foundations in areas that had never been flooded in modern memory. Yep, we could be in for it.

Dec 2003
    34026 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    can be bad either way.
    I personally hope it somehow misses us, but if I were to find out they exaggerated everything on purpose, that
    would upset me as much as getting hammered.

I do not appreciate weather reporters who lie to get people to tune in.
    Chadeaux likes this.

Jun 2007
    13780 times
    Stay tuned...

us

Jun 2010
    8665 times
    If it tracks as they are anticipating and turns east to make landfall, it could certainly get a bit messy up north. Time will tell.

Dec 2003
    34026 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    latest for my area

Heavy winds and damaging rains are forecast for the storm that could impact Pennsylvania early to the middle of next week, according to the NWS.
    "It should be a large, intense storm," said John LaCorte, a meteorologist with NWS in State College.
    Possibly six to 10 inches of rain could fall in the area, LaCorte said.

Rain could start late Sunday into Monday and Tuesday, LaCorte said. Flooding and thunderstorms are also possible, according to the NWS.

"This storm could combine with another system to bring some combination of snow, wind, rain and flooding to much of Pennsylvania," said PEMA director Glenn M. Cannon.

Schuylkill County prepares for Hurricane Sandy - News - Republican Herald

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6079 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    I do not appreciate weather reporters who lie to get people to tune in.
    One of my pet peeves is: "This will be our best chance for a Tornado (or insert your weather disaster of choice) . . . "

Best for who? I want to know whether something is "likely" or "most likely". I'm surely not desiring that bad weather. "Best chance" is just the wrong term, but they all use it . . . especially the local weather boy (yes, boy) in Monroe, LA.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    I don't think they lie, they JUST DON'T KNOW. All the money that goes to predicting the weather is a bad joke. NOAA spends probably billions and comes up empty. Right now they have two different computer guesses as to where it will hit. I think the old weather bureau did just as good at a fraction of the cost. Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links