mega-storm formation ? will east coast get hammered next week ?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much Rain or too much deep blowing Show? Not sure which would be the worse of evils in that neck of the woods? Are they saying which is most likely, or is sound like both with the possibility of a little ice tossed into the mix?

last I saw yesterday Extreme PA (Pittsburg area) and south (west VA., MD. D.C.) are supposedly in the Snow area.

We Eastern pa are supposed to be too warm ,
however the place where I live "keffers summit" is as high as the Poconos
and geologically considered the tail end of the poconos :dontknow: I don't discount anything happening.

I Havn't turned tv on today yet

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news suggest you eat all the steaks and ice cream before the expected power failure. If you don't have any in your freezer, there is still time to go buy some.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news suggest you eat all the steaks and ice cream before the expected power failure. If you don't have any in your freezer, there is still time to go buy some.

Got enough steaks to eat them every day for 2 weeks, my potato's are on the verge of going bad, but they are just veggies,
I can live without them
and live on red meat if necessary.

Biggest pain will be heating water on the stove for coffee, and finding something to do when the power go's out.

I guess I'll be sleeping 16 hours a day, just getting up when it's light enough to eat and get some exercise in my legs.

No Candles, flashlights, Etc here. & Don't plan on running looking for that stuff

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(- Watch your pets closely and keep them under your direct control. Watch out for wild animals, especially poisonous snakes. Use a stick to poke them ). from the news

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use a stick to poke them
ROFL :laughing7:

reminds me of the old warning ?

"Just keep poking the Bear"

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My MH is my backup. LP stove, Refrig, and Gen. The gen will run the Microwave. All my meals are already cooked and in vacuum sealed pouches in the freezer part of the frig. I am good for a min. of a week, and then the can opener comes out. Frank

Attachments

• rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    rose on ice 700 this one.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 75

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Monday now and, according to the national news, it looks like things are developing pretty much as predicted. Hope all the t-Netters out there stay safe. I expect we won't hear from some of you after this passes until they restore your power but, if that's the worst that happens, we'll settle for that.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here they are predicting the strong steady winds to hit in one hour from now

2PM eastern. 50 MPH till tonight. so I'm guessing the power will go off shortly after.
& although they have thousands of power workers from as far away as Canada
here waiting, they won't touch anything until Wednesday at least.

So If you see I'm not online at some point, odds are you'll need to contact someone else for awhile :(

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Jeff You need one of those boxes you plug into your car and get 110VAC out. That will keep you on line. Just check the watt requirement of your computer and get the next size up converter box. Park next to the house and run an extension cord. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 68

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 miles southwest of DC, at 1:29 PM we are getting hammered by bands of rain then nothing. The wind hasn't been to bad. Yet, few gusts around 25mph. Local DC weather people saying tonight we can get winds up to 70MPH and rain up to 5 to 10 to inches. Think we've already had the 5.

But to the purpose of this post. The local NBC channel was switching between network and local reporters live from the beach areas. Va., Delaware, NJ. I think the girl was reporting from the Ocean City, Maryland area when the camera showed a guy MD'ing the beach way back in the distance. He was on camera for just a few seconds but there he was swinging while the girl reporter was hanging onto a stair rail to keep her footing. Wished they noticed him and commented on the MD'er. Guess they missed him. Now that would have been a story. Wow, that's MD'ing dedication. Proud of him.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff You need one of those boxes you plug into your car and get 110VAC out. That will keep you on line. Just check the watt requirement of your computer and get the next size up converter box. Park next to the house and run an extension cord. Frank

HaHa would also need internet access other then Cable & all the Fixins :laughing7: $$$

that's OK I'll continue to live in the Stone age.

Hopefully :icon_thumleft:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff---are you saying you don't exactly live at the end of the world, but you can see it from your house?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff---are you saying you don't exactly live at the end of the world, but you can see it from your house?

Wouldn't surprise me :laughing9:

but am keeping an upbeat outlook :tongue3:

Last edited:

lost

Jul 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff--I see where your back on line and the job of moderator. I was sort of hoping you'd be gone a couple of days. There is a couple of fellows on here I wanted to call "Poppie Heads" and maybe get away with it. No, just kidding. Love every poster. Sure I do!

Our weather guys pretty much called it right for my little corner. 5 inches of rain and gusts up to 60-70mph. Lost two trees way back in the woods. "That" is a damn scary sound in the dark of the night. Our area was beat up but I haven't heard of any lose of life directly caused by the storm. Power was off and on through out the night. On now. Again, thank God for Tractor Supply $299 generators. Never missed a beat. Glad you and our little gang of posters are OK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions