CoCoa Passes Baggy Pants Law

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come-on Now !

I know in most cases Crack kills, but there are a few exceptions.

I would hope the police know when to leave well enough alone for the sake of art & beauty

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wish some of the locals here had the gonads to pass a law banning such lewd behavior.

They can show their crack, but you can't have a rule banning them from your store. Something is out of whack.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well there are a few ways to look at it. Once a law about clothing starts, where does it end :dontknow: Because not only clothing be under scrutiny, but so will colors :laughing7: Think I'm joking, think again :tongue3:

The first colors under the microscope will be red, blue and yellow for starters, they're gang colors...

There are more important things to worry about than fools in ill fitting clothing :laughing7:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fully support this law. I see no problem with it, hope I am lucky enough to witness it being enforced so I can take a picture and then point and laugh my butt off....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have see them apply for jobs dressed that way, then wonder why they didn't get hired.....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it needs to be enforced, just not so sure it really can be should adults decide to challenge it? Hopefully it won't be challenged. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar law has been challenged in other cities and survived the challenges.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Similar law has been challenged in other cities and survived the challenges.

Maybe at local levels. Like i said, I hope it never gets challenged and inspires other such laws where needed. But, in the higher courts I think it would likely be killed. Thongs on public beaches. Holes in bluejeans. Lace/see-through outer garments. During bike week down here we have young women in thong leather chaps bearing signs along US 1. Setting standards for minors is one thing, but when you try to take those "laws" into the adult world it becomes something else entirely. I'm sure the higher courts would kill it fairly quickly.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Law has survived for over 4 years in city I know of in az so far where friend of mine lives.....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day it lasts is a good day. LOL.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@Spartacus

Why do gangs need colors anyway? Cut an "X" in the forehead of the Crips, an "O" in the forehead of the bloods --- then at least when the cops show up at a gang shooting they can play tic tac toe while waiting on the coroner.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said, we don't need any laws on the books.. It can only escalate.

Funniest part is that some here are always crying about their freedom, and I'd love to see those striped too :laughing9:

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just want to be there so I can laugh and take video. At a penny a view I could get rich.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I got to side with Spart. I don't want anyone to tell me what to wear. No I don't like there style, but it serves a purpose to indicate the maturity level of the person. Besides, they may be plumbers. lol No offense to plumbers, but you know the old joke. Duluth trading makes a lot of money from that joke. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 235
  • rooster 700.jpg
    rooster 700.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 241

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that they stand out makes them easier to spot. Start making them dress like everyone else and they become much harder to spot. One provides for an increase in community eye sores. The later provides it's own set of very difficult problems. Might be that we are better off with them out in the open.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect everyone's opinion, but I personally still support the law... You can call it indecent exposure.....A public
nuisance, there are laws against playing your music too loud..........

arapahoscout

Sep 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand both sides. I have problems with laws against certain types of dress though. Personally, when I see guys with baggy pants, I cringe. I also cringe when I see a chubby girl in a half shirt, or a flat bill cap on sideways with 10 lbs of gold chains, or a pair of spandex on a cyclist so tight you can see the frank and beans. But, don't you think those same people look at me in my cowboy hat, boots, wranglers and snap down shirt and think ""what a chump!" What movie did he just step out of? Is the rodeo in town? Where did you park your horse?"" The thing is, that is exactly the response I want. If you don't like me or the way i dress, feel free to look the other way, or better yet, go the other way. Same from their perspective. It's called freedom and individuality and that is what this country was founded on. Start taking that away and things get real bad, real quick.
Maybe after all we should start raising our children with morals and self worth instead of letting their friends do the job for us. Youngsters need to know that blood is always thicker than water. Friends come and go, but your family will always remember what a fool you looked like when you were younger.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn/arapahoscout, the problem is some don't see it this way, losing personal freedom...

Next we will find morbidly obese people and those that are gaunt more offensive and pass additional laws that should also be enforced.. Yeah, I'll support that one since I lost a good deal of weight, but not gaunt :laughing7:

Again, there are more important issues than sagging, baggy pants out there :headbang:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
@ Spart . . . what about my freedom to be with my wife and our 16 year old daughter without them having to be confronted by this?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread