Question on Insurance (SANDY)
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Question on Insurance (SANDY)

If your destroyed by coastal flooding are you covered by normal home insurance or do you need a special rider for flood?? can be very expensive.You may think your covered by storm damage but not flood. Many people found this out in Seattle.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8662 times
    We had a home once in Indiana and the basement flooded due to intense rain and massive snow melt. If it had been due to structural damage it would have been covered as part of the repair, but just flooding wasn't covered.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    regular insurance won't cover floods or hurricanes. If something happens to your home, set in on fire. Your fire insurance will cover it! That's what they did in orlins!
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Jun 2007
    13778 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    We had a home once in Indiana and the basement flooded due to intense rain and massive snow melt. If it had been due to structural damage it would have been covered as part of the repair, but just flooding wasn't covered.
    "Scoop" is correct; may need a "rider" to cover flooding... and the cost is passed on to the rest of us.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29973 times
    For floods you need flood insurance.....it is not covered under regular home insurance.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    I "think" you can get a group-rate flood insurance through FEMA.....not sure but I think you can get it cheaper than through your regular insurance co.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29973 times
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    I "think" you can get a group-rate flood insurance through FEMA.....not sure but I think you can get it cheaper than through your regular insurance co.
    Same price...Been there and done that.....Flood insurance covers you from outside water that comes in your home, it is not covered under normal hurricane or homeowners insurance....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Sponsored Links