Question on Insurance (SANDY)

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a home once in Indiana and the basement flooded due to intense rain and massive snow melt. If it had been due to structural damage it would have been covered as part of the repair, but just flooding wasn't covered.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
regular insurance won't cover floods or hurricanes. If something happens to your home, set in on fire. Your fire insurance will cover it! :) That's what they did in orlins!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We had a home once in Indiana and the basement flooded due to intense rain and massive snow melt. If it had been due to structural damage it would have been covered as part of the repair, but just flooding wasn't covered.

"Scoop" is correct; may need a "rider" to cover flooding... and the cost is passed on to the rest of us.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For floods you need flood insurance.....it is not covered under regular home insurance.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I "think" you can get a group-rate flood insurance through FEMA.....not sure but I think you can get it cheaper than through your regular insurance co.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I "think" you can get a group-rate flood insurance through FEMA.....not sure but I think you can get it cheaper than through your regular insurance co.

Same price...Been there and done that.....Flood insurance covers you from outside water that comes in your home, it is not covered under normal hurricane or homeowners insurance....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread