If you had a week? - Page 5
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: If you had a week?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Arming everyone could that be so bad? I may be wrong but isn't North Korea all armed. Seems to me we don't read about mass shootings there. Maybe it's because they all have military training. )Which would probably be a good idea here. About the question about assault weapons (Depending what you consider assault) Most guns started out single shot. intended for protection or a way to settle disputes. Then I suppose the 6 shooter the repeating long gun, the Gatling gun etc etc. Were these invented for protection or mass killings? Were we protecting the homeland from a culture we were duped into thinking kill or be killed. Guns are meant to intimidate the weak, bigger guns are there to intimidate the uniformed.

A well armed Militia pi$$es off the reformers and also protects us from being taken over by the the people who think they know better what's good for you. If your felling BLUE move East.
    Chadeaux and truckinbutch like this.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire View Post
    Arming everyone could that be so bad? I may be wrong but isn't North Korea all armed. Seems to me we don't read about mass shootings there. Maybe it's because they all have military training. )Which would probably be a good idea here. About the question about assault weapons (Depending what you consider assault) Most guns started out single shot. intended for protection or a way to settle disputes. Then I suppose the 6 shooter the repeating long gun, the Gatling gun etc etc. Were these invented for protection or mass killings? Were we protecting the homeland from a culture we were duped into thinking kill or be killed. Guns are meant to intimidate the weak, bigger guns are there to intimidate the uniformed.

A well armed Militia pi$$es off the reformers and also protects us from being taken over by the the people who think they know better what's good for you. If your felling BLUE move East.
    ....obviously, you are correct, the Gatling gun was invented for the military, so they could more easily target and protect themselves from select individuals "in any crowd"...

"Militia?"........now all gun owners are unknowingly a part of a secret militia that protects all American citizens from the evil empire? Dude, many of your politicians and leaders are also gun enthusiast and gun owners and they want you to maintain the same right. Better gun control is the issue, not the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, because people kill people, not guns, the two issues are rather, "joined at the hip", if you will. And if you want to live in a world where everyone carries a gun, there are already several other countries out there where this condition exist, though be it, they are pretty dangerous places to live.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    ....obviously, you are correct, the Gatling gun was invented for the military, so they could more easily target and protect themselves from select individuals "in any crowd"...

"Militia?"........now all gun owners are unknowingly a part of a secret militia that protects all American citizens from the evil empire? Dude, many of your politicians and leaders are also gun enthusiast and gun owners and they want you to maintain the same right. Better gun control is the issue, not the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, because people kill people, not guns, the two issues are rather, "joined at the hip", if you will. And if you want to live in a world where everyone carries a gun, there are already several other countries out there where this condition exist, though be it, they are pretty dangerous places to live.
    Dangerous to live in because they all carry guns? or is it people who don't live there telling them you should live like us. all warm and cozy. Be careful what you wish for. Remember Custer, Think he tried to disarm, and he had access to Mr. Gattling's invention.

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by onfire View Post
    Dangerous to live in because they all carry guns? or is it people who don't live there telling them you should live like us. all warm and cozy. Be careful what you wish for. Remember Custer, Think he tried to disarm, and he had access to Mr. Gattling's invention.
    No, actually, there just very dangerous places to live. My son is active in the church, has been to many of them. I'm sure he could provide you with a list of a few such places. He just came back from a few of those places in Africa. I think he would tell you to be careful what you wish for.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Scoop,
    Think this might be a good time to start sharing those fish hook in genitalia stories ? I don't see this thread reaching any resolution or detente .................................................. .............................
    Wolfpack forever

us

Jun 2010
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch View Post
    Scoop,
    Think this might be a good time to start sharing those fish hook in genitalia stories ? I don't see this thread reaching any resolution or detente .................................................. .............................
    ....I think you're right. Fire away! Ooops, I mean, you first. Give it your best shot! NO! NO! Wait a minute!

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    19469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch View Post
    Scoop,
    Yaaa Scoop,i sure ain,t gonna touch it!

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Thing is, to me anyway, the bottom line is they shouldn't take away the legal, constitutional rights of anyone just because they can't figure out how to control the lawless. There are laws already on the books that, should the liberal courts decide to use them to the fullest extent possible, would keep most of these lawbreakers in prison where they belong. It's like taking away cell phones from everyone because a few idiots want to talk/text while driving. Simple as that!
    truckinbutch and Frankn like this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us

Jun 2010
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    .....a few idiots want to talk/text while driving.
    A few? If you only run into a few you're fortunate. In my neck of the woods I don't think a lot of cars will even start unless the driver's cell phone is on. Same with a lot of bicycles and even a few scooters. If you watch the parking lots, a lot of people apparently can't walk from the parking lot to the store unless their cell phone's GPS is on to show them the way.
    packerbacker likes this.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6079 times
    Cache Hunting
    Saw a locked thread here in Everything Else related somewhat to this civil discussion . . . so I went to see if there were some good places to discuss firearms.

Here is a short list, all run by the same folks that run the Treasurenet forum (http://www.forumfoundry.com):

Shotgun Forum

Marlin Firearms Forum

FN Forum / FN Gun Forums

Colt Forum

DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum (Probably gonna take a closer look at this one later)

Smith And Wesson Forums

XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Taurus Firearms Forum - TaurusArmed.net / Taurus Guns

You guys might find other topics there that are of interest to you . . . Ducatti Motorcycles for instance.
    truckinbutch and Frankn like this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Well , I'll be a dirty bird (shakes head in disbelief) .....................
    Wolfpack forever

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29983 times
    As stated on other thread it is impossible to discuss gun control with out bringing in politics. Already had the liberal label used...

Before someone says I locked thread because I'm against guns, I own several myself as is my right...
    truckinbutch likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29983 times
    Thread is locked....
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Sponsored Links