onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arming everyone could that be so bad? I may be wrong but isn't North Korea all armed. Seems to me we don't read about mass shootings there. Maybe it's because they all have military training. )Which would probably be a good idea here. About the question about assault weapons (Depending what you consider assault) Most guns started out single shot. intended for protection or a way to settle disputes. Then I suppose the 6 shooter the repeating long gun, the Gatling gun etc etc. Were these invented for protection or mass killings? Were we protecting the homeland from a culture we were duped into thinking kill or be killed. Guns are meant to intimidate the weak, bigger guns are there to intimidate the uniformed.

A well armed Militia pi$$es off the reformers and also protects us from being taken over by the the people who think they know better what's good for you. If your felling BLUE move East.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arming everyone could that be so bad? I may be wrong but isn't North Korea all armed. Seems to me we don't read about mass shootings there. Maybe it's because they all have military training. )Which would probably be a good idea here. About the question about assault weapons (Depending what you consider assault) Most guns started out single shot. intended for protection or a way to settle disputes. Then I suppose the 6 shooter the repeating long gun, the Gatling gun etc etc. Were these invented for protection or mass killings? Were we protecting the homeland from a culture we were duped into thinking kill or be killed. Guns are meant to intimidate the weak, bigger guns are there to intimidate the uniformed.

A well armed Militia pi$$es off the reformers and also protects us from being taken over by the the people who think they know better what's good for you. If your felling BLUE move East.

....obviously, you are correct, the Gatling gun was invented for the military, so they could more easily target and protect themselves from select individuals "in any crowd"...:laughing7: :icon_scratch:

"Militia?"....:laughing7:....now all gun owners are unknowingly a part of a secret militia that protects all American citizens from the evil empire? Dude, many of your politicians and leaders are also gun enthusiast and gun owners and they want you to maintain the same right. Better gun control is the issue, not the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, because people kill people, not guns, the two issues are rather, "joined at the hip", if you will. And if you want to live in a world where everyone carries a gun, there are already several other countries out there where this condition exist, though be it, they are pretty dangerous places to live.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....obviously, you are correct, the Gatling gun was invented for the military, so they could more easily target and protect themselves from select individuals "in any crowd"...:laughing7: :icon_scratch:

"Militia?"....:laughing7:....now all gun owners are unknowingly a part of a secret militia that protects all American citizens from the evil empire? Dude, many of your politicians and leaders are also gun enthusiast and gun owners and they want you to maintain the same right. Better gun control is the issue, not the right to bear arms. Unfortunately, because people kill people, not guns, the two issues are rather, "joined at the hip", if you will. And if you want to live in a world where everyone carries a gun, there are already several other countries out there where this condition exist, though be it, they are pretty dangerous places to live.

Dangerous to live in because they all carry guns? or is it people who don't live there telling them you should live like us. all warm and cozy. Be careful what you wish for. Remember Custer, Think he tried to disarm, and he had access to Mr. Gattling's invention.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dangerous to live in because they all carry guns? or is it people who don't live there telling them you should live like us. all warm and cozy. Be careful what you wish for. Remember Custer, Think he tried to disarm, and he had access to Mr. Gattling's invention.

No, actually, there just very dangerous places to live. My son is active in the church, has been to many of them. I'm sure he could provide you with a list of a few such places. He just came back from a few of those places in Africa. :icon_thumleft: I think he would tell you to be careful what you wish for.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
:icon_scratch: Scoop,
Think this might be a good time to start sharing those fish hook in genitalia stories ? I don't see this thread reaching any resolution or detente ...............................................................................

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think this might be a good time to start sharing those fish hook in genitalia stories ? I don't see this thread reaching any resolution or detente ...............................................................................

:laughing7:....I think you're right. Fire away! Ooops, I mean, you first. Give it your best shot! NO! NO! Wait a minute! :laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

Yaaa Scoop,i sure ain,t gonna touch it!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is, to me anyway, the bottom line is they shouldn't take away the legal, constitutional rights of anyone just because they can't figure out how to control the lawless. There are laws already on the books that, should the liberal courts decide to use them to the fullest extent possible, would keep most of these lawbreakers in prison where they belong. It's like taking away cell phones from everyone because a few idiots want to talk/text while driving. Simple as that!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....a few idiots want to talk/text while driving.

A few? If you only run into a few you're fortunate. In my neck of the woods I don't think a lot of cars will even start unless the driver's cell phone is on. :laughing7: Same with a lot of bicycles and even a few scooters. If you watch the parking lots, a lot of people apparently can't walk from the parking lot to the store unless their cell phone's GPS is on to show them the way. :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Saw a locked thread here in Everything Else related somewhat to this civil discussion . . . so I went to see if there were some good places to discuss firearms.

Here is a short list, all run by the same folks that run the Treasurenet forum (http://www.forumfoundry.com):

Shotgun Forum

Marlin Firearms Forum

FN Forum / FN Gun Forums

Colt Forum

DefensiveCarry Concealed Carry Forum (Probably gonna take a closer look at this one later)

Smith And Wesson Forums

XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source!

Taurus Firearms Forum - TaurusArmed.net / Taurus Guns

You guys might find other topics there that are of interest to you . . . Ducatti Motorcycles for instance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As stated on other thread it is impossible to discuss gun control with out bringing in politics. Already had the liberal label used...

Before someone says I locked thread because I'm against guns, I own several myself as is my right...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is locked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread