rethinking the 12/21/2012 thing
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: rethinking the 12/21/2012 thing

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1052 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

rethinking the 12/21/2012 thing

In light of the 2 nice back to back storms this past week, I'm starting to rethink that 12/21/2012 Mayan calender.

Not that the world will end, but if Sandy, dubbed Frankenstorm was a perfect storm, then what can happen in an alignment Since we will still be in hurricane season, I'm sure we'll have another storm roll through, but what will be the affect of a super alignment on the tides if a storm presses through.

It's truly amazing to see how everything can some to a grinding halt, and even being prepared will only take you but so far.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    I guess you have to be "super prepared" for the super alignment, or else! Frank
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skull etc 018-2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	697431  

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    At least we don't have to worry about that calender thing they never figured in Leap year (Good old Romans fixed that) It's amazing what we think we need for survival. Seems a hell of alot was done with the kerosene lamp, a wood fireplace and the ability to hunt or fish. No waiting for gas at the local blacksmith shop. A geety up and a wagon moved goods. I know it's a joke thinking this but what if 50 or 60 million people were going through this Even Mel Gibson could save us (Road warrior)

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6105 times
    Cache Hunting
    Actually, a recent error has been found in the Mayan's estimates. Seems it is supposed to be December 31, 2012 . . . not the 21st. Ten days were missing because of a rounding error.

Sorry to all you white guys, they'll do better next time.

Funny thing is Fox News has been predicting the right date, and just tonight MSNBC and CNN reported on it as well. Maybe they were too busy with the election
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Actually, a recent error has been found in the Mayan's estimates. Seems it is supposed to be December 31, 2012 . . . not the 21st. Ten days were missing because of a rounding error.

Sorry to all you white guys, they'll do better next time.
    Funny thing is Fox News has been predicting the right date, and just tonight MSNBC and CNN reported on it as well. Maybe they were too busy with the election
    What Election

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8675 times
    I wonder if & when the archies will find the rest of that calender? "Ooops, we bad. Sorry."
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Nov 2010
    North Carolina
    BH LoneStar AT PRO
    145 times
    Spart, if a ton of storms hit then we just make do as usual. Nature is going to do her thing. Mankind survives hopefully. It can't get any more simple than that. Millions of lives lost, sure. Hard/rough times for survivors, sure. Rebuild costing billions, sure. It will and does happen.

No one changes nature. you adapt.

The actions of a superstorm of any type, earthquake, etc. is frightening. It is hard to wrap your mind around the fact that your everyday life can be halted so fast. The lives of so many changed so quickly. Yea, scary to the max.

us
    Jul 2008
    SC
    Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
    720 times
    They're all wrong. The world as we know it ended 11/06/12!

Jul 2012
    119 times
    Amen brother s.c. shooter. You nailed it.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Actually, there is nothing to worry about. FEMA has just received their new shipment of blue tarps so, very soon, the entire Northeast coast will appear "blue" on Google maps much like the parishes in Norlins'. You will have to wait a bit longer though because our "Emergency Management" folks heard it was snowing and there is no way in hell they will work in the foul weather. Maybe we can get the post office to deliver them.
    Chadeaux likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Of course we can always get a huge convoy of the formaldehyde-laden travel trailers that were to be used in Norlins together and send them up for ya.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30023 times
    If the Mayans could forsee the end of the world, you would think they could have seen the coming of the Spanish and the destruction of their civilization since that was right around the cornor..........
    truckinbutch likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    34121 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6105 times
    Cache Hunting
    Nah, December 31, 2012 is when we hit the "fiscal cliff" and all dash off into oblivion

"When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Dec 2008
    austin,texas
    Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
    506 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    We all survived Y2K,let that this too will past .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links