Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday with a friend to walk our dogs,both Labs.As we were walking around my friend asks if I still had my magnet that I go magnet fihing with.I tell him yes and he shows me a old well out in the middle of nowhere,,the land was used back in the early 1920's to 1940's as he was told.He told me that a couple of days ago he took a magnet and some rope and threw it in the well and he herd something break like glass.We were thinking bottles? ,any way his magnet stuck to something that he could not pull up by himself.Long story short we put a bigger magnet on a stronger rope and pull up an old Anvil,about 50 to 100 lbs.Sorry no pictures,going back with a 5 gallon bucket with small holes drilled in the sides so bucket won't be so heavy pulling it up.:icon_thumright:
Just a reminder,or some friendly advice,I told my buddy when throwing a magnet down into a well it's better to lower it in then throwing it down a breaking something:icon_scratch:

Dihren

Jun 13, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of magnet are you using to pull up a 100 pound anvil???? And also, keep us posted on what you find!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a reminder,or some friendly advice,I told my buddy when throwing a magnet down into a well it's better to lower it in then throwing it down a breaking something:icon_scratch:

Lowering it, are you kidding :icon_scratch:

If it was anything of value, it wouldn't be down there in the first place :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If it was anything of value, it wouldn't be down there in the first place :laughing7:

You would be surprised at what has been thrown down a well that had value. It was always considered a safe place to put valuables if you were attacked by "Injuns".

Wells have also been used to hide murder weapons like knives and pistols as well as a good place for a child's toys to accidentally get tossed or dropped. Then there's always the occasional body tossed in or trapped there . . . along with whatever they were in possession of at the time.

Come to think of it, a hundred pound anvil dropped onto someone in a well might be a murder weapon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread