Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have been thinking about the locked threads because of politics. It would appear that everything in this country is tied to the government or politics. Talk about airplanes, wait aren't they controlled by the FAA, a government agency? Think about a TV show, wait, aren't they controlled by the FCC, a government agency? Talk about taxes, wait, aren't they controlled by the IRS, a government agency? Talk about a legal case, wait, aren't they under the judicial system, a government system.
What it boils down to is you really can't talk about anything without talking about the political system of this country. Frank

Woops, did I let the genie out of the bottle? If you had a week, only lasted 9 days!

Attachments

• STILL LIFE-2002-1.jpg
    STILL LIFE-2002-1.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you know, or were you aware, that becoming a genie is also the result of a secret election process? It's true, first you have to be nominated, then you have to be elected by a governing body of GG's, or "Grand Genies". The length of one's term of service can also vary depending on his/her performance. :icon_thumleft:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old adage of "don't talk politics or religion at the dinner table" is for the weak.

We need discourse within our circles of friends and family. Being shy wont help one bit.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, its the rules. Owner of home has the right to set the rules .. No smoking in my home period, anyone who doesn't like the rules don't come to my home if you can't respect my rules..

TreasureNet has rules too.....

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I went to a couple of Forum Foundry's other sites (the ones listed in that other thread) and on at least one of them they do discuss laws and thus some polyticks (misspelled on purpose).

Is there a reason we're special?

Have we really misbehaved that badly in the past?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Remember the rubber room.

Moderators don't establish the rules, admins and owner does, we just enforce them, they wrote them, our rules say no politics unless directly related ( not indirectly ) to treasure hunting....

Since you found forum that allows it you know where you can go when you have urge to discuss politics.....Just can't do it here.....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha! An unrelated forum i frequent allows poli... discussion,i think i,ve made one comment. Habit from here? Or lack of desire.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old adage of "don't talk politics or religion at the dinner table" is for the weak.

We need discourse within our circles of friends and family. Being shy wont help one bit.

Unfortunately, discourse is seldom the result as things usually, and quickly, turn into pissing matches where the wisest minds among them proceed to lump people they have never even met into childish, self fulfilling subgroups, such as sheeple or weak, to offer just a couple of quick examples. :laughing7:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sheeple? Didn't know that could happen!

I better tell Bubba over at the liquor store about this afore he gits in hot water!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
(Holds head in hands shaking it side to side) Oh , Lord ! Here we go again :BangHead: OOPS! No religion involved , just an expletive ........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to get a headache from that wall trucking... Rules haven't changed and we are not going to go through another debate on why...............

Thread is locked

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread