Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Someone suggested this on a television commercial the other day . . . they called it some kind of way to create a sustainable future (like maybe we don't have enough resources to go around -- you know, food and such) would be through older citizens choosing euthenasia (doctor assisted suicide) once they could no longer contribute to society. Made me think of this scene from Soylent Green:

The question is whether it would actually be needed.

The concern is whether it would be voluntary.

I remember reading only a few years ago that this planet . . . if resources were managed without thought to politics or profit (please NO political posts) . . . could support as many as 12 Billion humans as well as the flora and fauna.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, younger people require more food on the average so I say, get rid of the teenagers!! Besides that, most of them don't know anything yet so what is their true value to society? :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If we just went back to the draft and started another World War, we wouldn't have to worry about it. Choices, choices, choices...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As chadeaux requested at start of thread, keep political replies out of thread.

As per our rules keep politics out of the forums unless directly related to treasure hunting, posts that contain politics will be deleted.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully when that time comes it will be far into the future and maybe by chance you will be eating synthetic foods/nutrients.

So, until then; just

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, younger people require more food on the average so I say, get rid of the teenagers!! Besides that, most of them don't know anything yet so what is their true value to society? :)

And, they're also entering that high reproduction stage. Packer, I think you may be on to something! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread