How would you have handled this . . . without a gun?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yours are registered! Hu....now that is a surprise.

Seeing as how registration isnt a requirement where they are.No theyre not.I'm in one state ,theyre in another, where hopefully i am moving to ASAP.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, everyone is on someone's list . . . I just don't know if I'd want to be the one to put the canary yellow highlighter on my own name

I dont think it matters anyway,it was most likely started quite a while back.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry Red, I've seen our files and they're not taking us that seriously. Though your name did have a question mark beside it. :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :laughing7:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry Red, I've seen our files and they're not taking us that seriously. Though your name did have a question mark beside it. :icon_scratch: :dontknow: :laughing7:

Untitledffff.jpg

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea too old to be mine also

unless they were watching for me 12 years in advance

And I'm sure they're doing that now. :laughing7: Heck, I was born in 58 and my older brother told me he knew I was going to be a pain in the ass even before I was born. So, if they could do it back then, just think what they can do today. :icon_thumleft:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 700416 Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...

Seen the new Raging Judge? .454 Casull, .45 Long colt and 410.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally i'd go with a 12 or a 20 gauge pump with 16 inch barrel for home defense issues.First few rounds are BB or goose shot.Devastating at close range,a guaranteed fight stopper. Theres not enough shot in the .410 shell to be a guaranteed fight stopper in a home defese situation.2 1/2 inch .410 only contains 3 pellet of buckshot.Best to stick with the .45 round.You want them down with 1 round.A pump or semi auto shotgun is the way to go.There is also a great psychological advantage in the pump shotgun as well.Just chambering a round the intruder or intruders know you mean business and will most likely not stick around to find out.Stick with a shotgun unless of course all you have is a pistol.

Check out Kel Tec's new KSG- 14+1, 12 gauge. Small and deadly.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup ,theres a pistol here thats banned,god only know for what reason.and it figures because i have always wanted one.Charter arms Bulldog .44 special

I have one and it is really super accurate, but kicks like a mule. I have fired it 20 times(box of Speer's) and it was too much for me. And I was looking at the S&W .500 magnum, but not any more. I'm too damm old and too damm weak.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, big brother will be keeping a close eye on you now, for sure! :laughing7: "Congress" Arizona.....bet they're putting that connection together as we speak! :laughing7:

I have Ex-wives a lot meaner than the guys in the "Black Helicopters" BigScoop. Being on the government's list is the Least of my worries! 8-)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ex you can have, her nickname is wicked witch of the midwest....

I just picked up a Remington 1100 12 ga auto shotgun (5 shot) this week as part of a deal on a trailer I sold.... Got shotgun, 3 boxes ammo and 150 rounds of 9mm with the sale plus cash. According to barrol info, it was made in January 1973.... I am third owner, man I got it from bought it from his older brother 30 years ago. Have a Smith and Wesson 9mm model 559 as well for protection.....

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have one and it is really super accurate, but kicks like a mule

Austin get the bulldog magnaported,muzzle jump will be alot less,if not sell it to me:laughing9:.Thats one caliber i never fired .44 special.I know recoil couldnt be worse than a hot loaded .41 mag.Instead of the .500,try a .41mag.Hand load your own.If you want power a .41 can be handloaded in excess of .44 magnum power.Single action is recommended for the hotloads though.The hotloads I used shot dead on at 100 yards 6 inch barrel.Used it for deer hunting.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I have an ex you can have, her nickname is wicked witch of the midwest....

I just picked up a Remington 1100 12 ga auto shotgun (5 shot) this week as part of a deal on a trailer I sold.... Got shotgun, 3 boxes ammo and 150 rounds of 9mm with the sale plus cash. According to barrol info, it was made in January 1973.... I am third owner, man I got it from bought it from his older brother 30 years ago. Have a Smith and Wesson 9mm model 559 as well for protection.....
I think that combo will have you well prepared for home defense so long as you prepare yourself to not let them down .

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin get the bulldog magnaported,muzzle jump will be alot less,if not sell it to me:laughing9:.Thats one caliber i never fired .44 special.I know recoil couldnt be worse than a hot loaded .41 mag.Instead of the .500,try a .41mag.Hand load your own.If you want power a .41 can be handloaded in excess of .44 magnum power.Single action is recommended for the hotloads though.The hotloads I used shot dead on at 100 yards 6 inch barrel.Used it for deer hunting.

Thanks for the info. It sounds very useful...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The best personal defense weapon is the one you can shoot the most comfortably and accurately with . Bigger is not better if you can't hit what you are looking at with most shots in a stressful situation .
> You also have to think about how a Prosecuting Attorney is going to present you to a jury if you do have the misfortune to be involved in a shooting .
>>IE: Were you a simple homeowner protecting his and family member's lives with a common sporting arm or 'out of the box' home defense pistol ?
OR
>> That 'WANNABE RAMBO GUNFIGHTER' with his highly customized 'killing machine' just looking for the excuse to go out and kill someone !
>Better think this through beforehand . After the fact there is no chance to alter the game .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread