How would you have handled this . . . without a gun? - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: How would you have handled this . . . without a gun?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8659 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    Yea too old to be mine also

unless they were watching for me 12 years in advance
    And I'm sure they're doing that now. Heck, I was born in 58 and my older brother told me he knew I was going to be a pain in the ass even before I was born. So, if they could do it back then, just think what they can do today.
    Terry Soloman likes this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3495 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Quote Originally Posted by stefen View Post
    Attachment 700416Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...

Seen the new Raging Judge? .454 Casull, .45 Long colt and 410.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3495 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Personally i'd go with a 12 or a 20 gauge pump with 16 inch barrel for home defense issues.First few rounds are BB or goose shot.Devastating at close range,a guaranteed fight stopper. Theres not enough shot in the .410 shell to be a guaranteed fight stopper in a home defese situation.2 1/2 inch .410 only contains 3 pellet of buckshot.Best to stick with the .45 round.You want them down with 1 round.A pump or semi auto shotgun is the way to go.There is also a great psychological advantage in the pump shotgun as well.Just chambering a round the intruder or intruders know you mean business and will most likely not stick around to find out.Stick with a shotgun unless of course all you have is a pistol.
    Check out Kel Tec's new KSG- 14+1, 12 gauge. Small and deadly.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3495 times
    Yup ,theres a pistol here thats banned,god only know for what reason.and it figures because i have always wanted one.Charter arms Bulldog .44 special

I have one and it is really super accurate, but kicks like a mule. I have fired it 20 times(box of Speer's) and it was too much for me. And I was looking at the S&W .500 magnum, but not any more. I'm too damm old and too damm weak.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22704 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Oh, big brother will be keeping a close eye on you now, for sure! "Congress" Arizona.....bet they're putting that connection together as we speak!
    I have Ex-wives a lot meaner than the guys in the "Black Helicopters" BigScoop. Being on the government's list is the Least of my worries!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29783 times
    I have an ex you can have, her nickname is wicked witch of the midwest....

I just picked up a Remington 1100 12 ga auto shotgun (5 shot) this week as part of a deal on a trailer I sold.... Got shotgun, 3 boxes ammo and 150 rounds of 9mm with the sale plus cash. According to barrol info, it was made in January 1973.... I am third owner, man I got it from bought it from his older brother 30 years ago. Have a Smith and Wesson 9mm model 559 as well for protection.....
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Nov 15, 2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: added info
    truckinbutch and Frankn like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    I have one and it is really super accurate, but kicks like a mule
    Austin get the bulldog magnaported,muzzle jump will be alot less,if not sell it to me.Thats one caliber i never fired .44 special.I know recoil couldnt be worse than a hot loaded .41 mag.Instead of the .500,try a .41mag.Hand load your own.If you want power a .41 can be handloaded in excess of .44 magnum power.Single action is recommended for the hotloads though.The hotloads I used shot dead on at 100 yards 6 inch barrel.Used it for deer hunting.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    I have an ex you can have, her nickname is wicked witch of the midwest....

I just picked up a Remington 1100 12 ga auto shotgun (5 shot) this week as part of a deal on a trailer I sold.... Got shotgun, 3 boxes ammo and 150 rounds of 9mm with the sale plus cash. According to barrol info, it was made in January 1973.... I am third owner, man I got it from bought it from his older brother 30 years ago. Have a Smith and Wesson 9mm model 559 as well for protection.....
    I think that combo will have you well prepared for home defense so long as you prepare yourself to not let them down .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3495 times
    Austin get the bulldog magnaported,muzzle jump will be alot less,if not sell it to me.Thats one caliber i never fired .44 special.I know recoil couldnt be worse than a hot loaded .41 mag.Instead of the .500,try a .41mag.Hand load your own.If you want power a .41 can be handloaded in excess of .44 magnum power.Single action is recommended for the hotloads though.The hotloads I used shot dead on at 100 yards 6 inch barrel.Used it for deer hunting.
    Thanks for the info. It sounds very useful...

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    The best personal defense weapon is the one you can shoot the most comfortably and accurately with . Bigger is not better if you can't hit what you are looking at with most shots in a stressful situation .
    > You also have to think about how a Prosecuting Attorney is going to present you to a jury if you do have the misfortune to be involved in a shooting .
    >>IE: Were you a simple homeowner protecting his and family member's lives with a common sporting arm or 'out of the box' home defense pistol ?
    OR
    >> That 'WANNABE RAMBO GUNFIGHTER' with his highly customized 'killing machine' just looking for the excuse to go out and kill someone !
    >Better think this through beforehand . After the fact there is no chance to alter the game .
    Red James Cash likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    That .410 shell with 3 pellets is 000 buckshot. It's like getting hit with 3 9MM's at once. I had the Charter Arms Bulldog in .38. I use to load it with Max light frame loads and 9mm bullets. That really moved out. Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    Only problem is a 9mm isnt a guaranteed man stopper.Ive heard too many stories about it.The best one is a guy robbed a bank,a cop shows up,a gunfight starts.The cop hits the guy 4 times in the chest with his 9mm and the guy took off running.He had to be chased down.Sorry but i'll take the shotgun,if a handgun nothing less than a .44 special.

us
    Jul 2009
    Whiting, NJ
    Ace 250
    1052 times
    I see that most every poster failed to answer the original question

It's about without a gun, not your best weapon option

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33532 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacus53 View Post
    I see that most every poster failed to answer the original question

It's about without a gun, not your best weapon option
    that's easy.
    same as I would do if anyone walked in my house I didn't know, nod with a puzzeled look & say Hi ! what's Up ?
    because I'd figure they know me, I just don't remember therm at the moment .

as for the scenario put forth in the story, I don't own a wife, burglar alarm,security cameras,garage gym, 8-year-old daughter or 1-year-old son,
    so ... If I woke up & heard noises, I'd do what I do now. walk around the inside of my house trying to figure out what fell.
    when I still can't find anything, if loud or continued noises, I walk outside if not freezing & walk around the house to see if
    some thing come loose. still nothing, go back in to bed

If real cold, I don't even get out of bed, I just go back to sleep
    and worry about it in the morning if I remember.

If confronted , I can only guess but probably nod with a puzzeled look & say Hi ! what's Up ?
    because I'd figure they know me, I just don't remember therm at the moment .

Of course if they are armed & I see them first 911 & hopefully stay out of sight, at least till I find something deadly
    in case they almost confront me before the cops confront them. But again all Conjecture.

I just know even though I believe in absolute freedom to own weapons, without being asked about it,
    I don't personally want any.

My only hobby is Treasure Hunting,
    and Live in a Non Violent world where hate & violent desperation doesn't exist

Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life?

Last edited by jeff of pa; Nov 16, 2012 at 06:05 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrysKnifeStore.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Teknetics EuroTek PRO -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    22704 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    You have NO option when you are confronted by men with guns. You do as you're told. You may be raped or/and beaten, then killed. The real answer is there is no "handling" this situation unless you are armed, have a plan, and execute it. Unless you have been in a life and death situation with - or without a weapon, you have NO clue and no business even stating an opinion. For those of us that have there is only ONE answer. The man with the gun makes ALL the rules and decisions, you are there to be a victim.
    Last edited by Terry Soloman; Nov 16, 2012 at 05:37 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links