How would you have handled this . . . without a gun?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pick yourself up a shotgun Chad.Remington 870 pump either 20 or 12 gauge with a 16 inch slug barrel and open rifle sights will do the trick.Folding stock and pistol grip is also another option for it as is longer barrels and magazine extensions.Much more versatile than a pistol.If it comes to it,its pretty hard to feed you and your family when youre armed with only pistol.With a shotgun any and all wild game is a possibility.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Chad ,
My poor skills with copy/paste made a reply I was making to Terry made it look like I directed it to you . My bad .
>
>Your skill with edged weapons should make transitioning to a close range defense firearm a very short step . My wife and I both carry .38spl+p Charter Arms Undercover stainless steel 5 shot snub . $308 NIB @. 1lb and extremely concealable . We have heavier , larger caliber arms . For PD it needs to be within arms reach 24/7 . If you have to run to get it you are too late .

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mossberg isnt bad ,but did you notice what the receiver was made out of.Aluminum alloy.I would want durability,especially when it fires 3 inch magnums, in something that im going to stake me and my families life on.All steel is the way to go,for me anyway.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 700416 Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...

Owned one as soon as they came out, New ammo 4 shot copper (buck) I load first 2 (buck)then 3 45LC Zombi loads( hollow points) Exit wound at least 3 in. Squirrels turn in to a mist. Better having one story then 2

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a shotgun that can hold multiple rounds/loads, this may be what you want. Has 2 separate magazines (7 each side). Looks like something out of the game HALO but have seen some good reviews on it. Has a legal sized barrel (maybe not in Ca) but, since it is a bullpup design it feels shorter overall and would be easier to handle inside the more closed in areas of house/apartment.

Kel Tec CNC

Kel-Tec KSG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still like my Judge though....
4510PD-3B.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions