How would you have handled this . . . without a gun?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a gun you just have to beg for mercy and give everything you have to them and "hope" they don't decide to kill you anyway. I'd like to know what kind of weapons they were "really" using as the media calls everything a automatic assault weapon. You don't need a fully automatic assault weapon to protect yourself inside your home. A nice semi-auto or pump action 12 gauge works wonders at close range. Think about it; these idiots were using "assault" weapons and no one was hit. Time to spend a little more time at the range to learn how to effectively use the guns. That goes for the good doctor too. Apparently he had a sufficient amount of time to plan his defense and he didn't hit anyone either. Practice, practice, practice!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOPD spokeswoman officer Hilal Williams, however, said the department's response time was "acceptable" -- officers were dispatched to the scene at 4:09 a.m. and the first units arrived at 4:18 a.m. Williams acknowledged that "10 minutes can feel like forever when you're in that type of situation," but still, she said, the reality is "we just can't possibly have cars outside every house."

Well we all know, "officer needs assistance", "officer down" or "sargent ______'s " wife heard a noise outside,
would have brought it down to a 4 minute response time. with every cop bringing everything that kills along.

there is No saying weather the homeowners caused the firefight or not,
perhaps if they would have stayed quiet & just dialed 911, they would have been caught by the police,
and all their property still intact :dontknow:

Without a time machine who Knows :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
Chadeaux

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah, I agree Jeff.

It's just like asking them to send a meat wagon for the two you've already wasted and a cop for the two you have pinned down would get them moving.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't have a gun, applying 5 strokes of a 2 iron to the cranium would work :icon_thumright:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh boy, what simple minded people. A few well placed land mines would have prevented the intruders from even entering the home. Might have even turned up a few old silver coins in the process. True treasure hunters are always thinking of ways to improve their odds and to expand upon their hobby. "Boom!-Boom!" Get out the detectors! :icon_thumleft: :laughing7:

S

stefen

THE JUDGE.jpg Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Personally i'd go with a 12 or a 20 gauge pump with 16 inch barrel for home defense issues.First few rounds are BB or goose shot.Devastating at close range,a guaranteed fight stopper. Theres not enough shot in the .410 shell to be a guaranteed fight stopper in a home defese situation.2 1/2 inch .410 only contains 3 pellet of buckshot.Best to stick with the .45 round.You want them down with 1 round.A pump or semi auto shotgun is the way to go.There is also a great psychological advantage in the pump shotgun as well.Just chambering a round the intruder or intruders know you mean business and will most likely not stick around to find out.Stick with a shotgun unless of course all you have is a pistol.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grenade. Real show stoppers during a home invasion. You can easily clear an entire room, or possibly even several rooms with just one. :icon_thumleft:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "judge" is outlawed in California. What a surprise huh? Yep, 12 gauge pump, best in-home protection around and you don't have to become an expert shot; just aim in front of yourself. :)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
The "assault rifle" was in the hands of the crooks . The dentist did the best he could to protect his family and succeded .
That's the operative word , success :hello2:. I agree that he could have shot straighter . The heat of battle unnerves the unprepared and even pros suffer mistakes .
>I've won every gunfight I've had with humans . On the other hand ; I missed a charging raccoon 7 times from 10 feet to boot toe and had to reload after I kicked him away before I managed to hit him .

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The "judge" is outlawed in California. What a surprise huh?

Yup ,theres a pistol here thats banned,god only know for what reason.and it figures because i have always wanted one.Charter arms Bulldog .44 special

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "assault rifle" was in the hands of the crooks . The dentist did the best he could to protect his family and succeded .
That's the operative word , success :hello2:. I agree that he could have shot straighter . The heat of battle unnerves the unprepared and even pros suffer mistakes .
>I've won every gunfight I've had with humans . On the other hand ; I missed a charging raccoon 7 times from 10 feet to boot toe and had to reload after I kicked him away before I managed to hit him .

Ever heard the shrill screaming of a down and wounded deer? I saw a DNR Officer miss such a deer three times at ten paces because that shrill screaming was so unnerving to him. He finally, and very quickly, put his sidearm away and swiftly retrieved the shotgun from his vehicle. :laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 700416 Without a gun, the telephone is the best weapon or at least jump out of a friggin window...

Obviously rubber bands, pea shooters and sling shots are limited in that situation...

However there is a 5 shot revolver on the market called 'The Judge' that holds five (5) 45 ACP and/or 4.10 shotgun shells (or a combination thereof)...

And shooting a 4.10 within the distance of several rooms (15' or so) is lethal, if not incapacitating...

A single bullet must be on target but a 4.10 only needs to be pointed in the general direction, and let the shot pattern do its job.

So it screws up a few walls and decorations...thats the least of their worries...
..........and is illegal in this Lib State.............

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "judge" is outlawed in California. What a surprise huh? Yep, 12 gauge pump, best in-home protection around and you don't have to become an expert shot; just aim in front of yourself. :)

........I spoke too soon!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• shotty 001.jpg
    shotty 001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Soloman Brothers.jpg
    Soloman Brothers.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 77
  • vfr 184.jpg
    vfr 184.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 83

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have to Exit at some point
. flaming_bag_of_shit_2.jpg

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will never have to worry about being unarmed in my home - Thank God and the Constitution!

Oh, big brother will be keeping a close eye on you now, for sure! :laughing7: "Congress" Arizona.....bet they're putting that connection together as we speak! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread