New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Isabel Mascarenas
WTSP.com
November 14, 2012

Daniel Jensen wasn’t running from the law, he was trying to protect his home from burning up. Yet, Pinellas Park Police tasered him in the process. Jensen and his attorney say it’s an excessive use of force.

Jensen was still shaken and visibly emotional as he retold what happened last Thursday evening. He said being tasered by police has not only impacted him, but it also impacted his children, who saw it all happen.

He described the Pinellas Park Police officers actions as “brutal.” He said they showed “no compassion.”

Viral Player

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like he was panicked and out of control, daughter was safe and out of the house, police possibly acting to save him from himself. In my high school days I was a lifeguard at a community pool for a couple of summers, on more then one occasion I encountered people who were panicked in water they could stand up in. Headlocks and force was the only option in preventing them from grabbing hold of other swimmers. So maybe the taser was required. :dontknow:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me no matter what the situation,panicked or not,he had the god given right to try to save his belongings.If the 2 cops were real police officers they would of been helping him seeing as how it wasnt a life or death situation and seeing as how the fire department wasnt even there yet.They must be the new breed of cop being hired now a days,low IQ and no common sense.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems to me no matter what the situation,panicked or not,he had the god given right to try to save his belongings.If the 2 cops were real police officers they would of been helping him seeing as how it wasnt a life or death situation and seeing as how the fire department wasnt even there yet.They must be the new breed of cop being hired now a days,low IQ and no common sense.

Have you personally ever had to deal with panicked individuals? I'm only asking because I don't think many people realize just how strong, unpredictable, and irrational, and potentially dangerous they can become. According to the report, the fire had jumped onto the roof of the home and this guy was near the side of the home either with, or attempting to gather, a garden hose. I wasn't there but it sounds to me like he "may" have been placing himself and others in a very dangerous situation. Other then his close presence near the burning home, and "possible" unpredictable/panicked behavior, there was no other threat of loss of life. Maybe the cops acted responsibly. Just saying, maybe they actually acted to prevent him from possibly entering the home, thus possibly saving a life? :dontknow:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just seems to me if he was panicking he wouldnt of been doing the rational and logical thing of trying to get a garden hose to put the fire out.Panicking people do not do rational and logical things,conclusion being, if thats the case, he obviously wasnt panicking.The cops were panicking more than he was.

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shame to see a grown man cry.
Especially when it was just over being tased.
I'm positive it hurt at the time, but still physically crying about it a couple of days later, really?
I could see if he lost a family member or his whole house.
The emotional scaring on his kids would be seeing their Daddy crying like a little girl instead of being tough and acting like the father figure and protector he should be acting like.
Going by how he acted in front of the news camera I bet this guy was acting like a Spazz and going crazy and the cops just got tired of telling him to stop.
Although I'm pretty sure if they just B1tch slapped him in the face and told him to calm down he would have stopped and just sat down and started crying.
He seems like the kind that would try to sue for mental abuse if you called him a name.
Send him a box of tissues and get him a fresh new skirt to wear.

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just seems to me if he was panicking he wouldnt of been doing the rational and logical thing of trying to get a garden hose to put the fire out.Panicking people do not do rational and logical things,conclusion being, if thats the case, he obviously wasnt panicking.The cops were panicking more than he was.

Red, just pointing out other possibilities and the "unknowns" in the situation. With such little insight into the actual situation at hand, how can you so quickly determine that the cops acted irrational or unresponsively? Just seems, at times, that you are awfully quick at pointing the finger at authority figures, especially when they're in an official capacity. You do realize that there are a lot of good cops out there who have acted to save many lives, even risking, and often losing their own. I just like to give them the benefit of the doubt until all the facts are known and with what has been presented not too much is known about the real situation. That's all I'm pointing out. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sue for $100,000,000 :headbang:

Say he wants a fire Company connected to his house from now on so he
and his family can sleep at night :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
how can you so quickly determine that the cops acted irrational or unresponsively

Using force when force wasnt a necessity.

Just seems, at times, that you are awfully quick at pointing the finger at authority figures

Lets say its from personal experiences at injustice.

You do realize that there are a lot of good cops out there who have acted to save many lives, even risking, and often losing their own.

Yes i do know and realize it.My brother is one of them.I hear stories,i get info from him.I also know the old school police officer is slowly being replaced by the new school cop,act with violence first without thinking.Theres nothing wrong with giving the benefit of doubt in some cases.I just dont see this as one of them when violence was used when somebiody is acting and doing the rational thing.We'll probably never know. Theres 3 sides to every story.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using force when force wasnt a necessity.

Lets say its from personal experiences at injustice.

Yes i do know and realize it.My brother is one of them.I hear stories,i get info from him.I also know the old school police officer is slowly being replaced by the new school cop,act with violence first without thinking.Theres nothing wrong with giving the benefit of doubt in some cases.I just dont see this as one of them when violence was used when somebiody is acting and doing the rational thing.We'll probably never know. Theres 3 sides to every story.

I do have to agree with this in his case,

he wasn't fighting the actual Fire, He was doing what I have seen many , Many do around here.
as long as he would have dropped the hose on their arrival he would have been OK here

I'm curious is that a Volunteer fire co. or paid ?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Probably state paid,the volunteers would of got there quicker:laughing7: Up north I know quite a few volunteer fire fighters who do it for no pay.They do it for the people,and they take pride in it.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys may be right, but I'm one who will not condemn so quickly without the vital details and facts. I would hope that if you were serving on a jury you would demand the same. Truth is, none of us were on the scene and we have no way of establishing his frame of mind or his behavior at the time of the tasering. However, it is clear from the interview that he is an extremely emotional individual, to say the least. :dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably state paid,the volunteers would of got there quicker:laughing7: Up north I know quite a few volunteer fire fighters who do it for no pay.They do it for the people,and they take pride in it.

Yep you need to travel a good distance to find paid firefighters here.
only downside when no fires only ones at the fire house are either serving of drinking drinks,
with the exception of Beautiful weekend weather, when they detail the equipment & firehouse,
have bingo or breakfasts for hunters,
etc.

But all work places understand, their pages go off , they are out the door.

& still make surprisingly good time :laughing7:

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup before my brother became a cop he was a trained firefighter,he was firechief of the all volunteer department.His son is law is one and quite a few of his friends are also.He paid for the departments needs out of his own pocket seeing as how the town was so cheap.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said ace350, I wonder if his name is Nancy :tongue3: Maybe we should split the cost and get him a nice outfit for Christmas

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging by his response in the interview, he probably already had some pretty ribbons put in his hair when he wound up in county jail.:laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey if he hired the right Shyster Lawyer,
he wouldn't be doing his Job if he didn't advise him to cry for the camera 8-)

even Al Bundy knew when a wheel Chair was in order :laughing7:

You don't want the judge & jury thinking your a tough man & are over it

Last edited:

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, so he is gonna play the victim. Act like a big baby. Then get the cops suspended which means other cops will have to take their place at overtime pay. Then he is going for his big lawsuit settlement that he thinks is going to be like Rodney Kings lawsuit. Then when the town raises his taxes to pay for the mess he will be the first one to complain.
Yea, I have a lot of respect for people who are bottom feeders.

How about he just mans up and demands an apology from the cops and everyone moves on with their life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread