Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, Comcast cable in Florida, will show Red Dawn tonight, Monday 11/19 on Spike channel, at 7:00 pm est.
At least that is what their tv guide says is on tonight. Check your local comcast tv guide, if that is the service you have.
I liked that movie too, will probably watch it again too.

I gotta bug in plan, load the guns!
bug out plan, run like hell! LOL! j/k
Terry, I know your right. Unless you have been there, the pics will never portray the harsh reality of it all.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
How far can you big out if you can't get gas. When the roads are in grid lock where will you drive to.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Red James cash said:
As far and as long as your feet can carry you.One of the first things you should have is a good pair of boots.

You and everyone else. Then what?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I found my boots at a yard sale for 25 bucks.I could tell they were top quality cold weather hiking-mountain climbing boots.They fit like a glove,most comfortable boots i ever wore.They even have a steel plate sole in them.I looked them up online and the order price was a little over 300 bucks.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My plan would involve getting up to my parents house. It's secluded, my parents are medical professionals and the house is outfitted with woodstove and in an area we could hunt and defend. I've mapped out an alternate route to my folks place that is all backroads and doesn't require a highway at all. Load up the car, grab my gas cans from the shed AND bring my bicycle, because it's faster than walking and can get around obstacles. .22 rifle for hunting, 12g for defense (I'd rather have a rifle, just haven't gotten one yet) and Glock 17 9mm on my hip with 7 mags. And I always keep food, batteries and the like around. I haven't put together a bugout bag yet but that is a plan. My one dilemma, that probably isn't for most of you, is I have 6 snakes and three turtles that really aren't built to survive the apocalypse. Haven't decided what I would do with them... So, not perfect, but I have thought about it and I have most of the gear.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My one dilemma, that probably isn't for most of you, is I have 6 snakes and three turtles that really aren't built to survive the apocalypse. Haven't decided what I would do with them... So, not perfect, but I have thought about it and I have most of the gear.
>
>
> Eat them along the way as fresh food to preserve your other rations .​

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red Dawn is on Wednesday. I think it is on the military channel. If you haven't seen it, watch it. I think I will watch it again. frank

Remake coming out this week on the big screen

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
My family and friends are planning my area as a fall back/defensive position . We can command , with the help of other groups , multiple counties and sustain viable communities . If it comes to confrontation with an overwhelming force then we will withdraw enforce for mutual protection .
>
>Air cover for an opforce is the greatest threat .

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times it only takes a super glitch in the Electric grid or fear of communication to cause hysteria. So stock up on those cheap solar yard lights and 2 tin cans and a ball of string. Also a bunch of legal taninite some nails and a high velocity rifle (Makes a great Claymore) Protect your perimeter. To really be prepared read the book by Ho Cee Men................ It's a jungle out there

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
A good novel on this subject:
ONE SECOND AFTER-William R Forstchen-TOR Paperbacks May2011
It takes place in North Carolina after an EMP knocks out all Electronics and the gird in America.
A realistic look at survival under extreme conditions.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I preach this.

People don't realize that gold doesn't taste very good.
Your best bet is ammunition, antibiotics and food for barter.
A Ruger 10/22 with several 50 clips, a semi-auto handgun with several clips,a compound bow,crossbow,several quality knives,MRE's,and various drugs.You can always liberate other items later.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing to grab is antibiotics,if you cant get a prescription from your doc for no reason.Go to your pet store and get a bottle or two or 3 or 4 of fishmox.Its a rough form of amoxicillin.Ive heard different stories on it,you can take it and you cant take it.Well,the way i see it is if you have a bad infection and theres no other choice available,take it.If you dont youre a dead man anyway from staph infection or blood poisoning.Whats to lose.

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to grab is antibiotics,if you cant get a prescription from your doc for no reason.Go to your pet store and get a bottle or two or 3 or 4 of fishmox.Its a rough form of amoxicillin.Ive heard different stories on it,you can take it and you cant take it.Well,the way i see it is if you have a bad infection and theres no other choice available,take it.If you dont youre a dead man anyway from staph infection or blood poisoning.Whats to lose.
yes.
My fiance is a Nurse Practitioner.
"fishmox" is the EXACT same thing as Amoxicillin.
You can look up the numbers on the side of the capsules in the "Nurse's Drug Guide" and it is just a brand of amox that is also used for people.
I've done it.
People will say that it is not the same thing, but it is.
Identical product.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
You folks ever hear of Colloidal Silver,it is a known Medical,and,Scientific FACT that no known pathogen or bacteria can survive more than 6 min. in a silver environment.I been making mine for over 20 years,and, I don't recall the last time I was sick,got my wife to use it after my boy had pink eye,two drops,next day,GONE.Very simple to make your own generator,three 9 volt batts. I make it by the pint.Go to a health food store and see what you pay for a 1-2 oz. bottle.Just saying for what it's worth.Works for me,and,my skin ain't grey!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bartering for ammo just seems like a bad idea to me. Could end up biting yourself if you know what I mean. I'm hoping to have enough of my own stuff I won't need to barter with anyone for anything. Bugging in is our main plan. Bugging out is a last resort to us. Bugging out reminds me of rabbit hunting. I would have overlooked a lot of rabbits if they had just stayed still where they were and didn't spook and run. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread