Buggin Out - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Buggin Out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    My one dilemma, that probably isn't for most of you, is I have 6 snakes and three turtles that really aren't built to survive the apocalypse. Haven't decided what I would do with them... So, not perfect, but I have thought about it and I have most of the gear.
    >
    >
    > Eat them along the way as fresh food to preserve your other rations .

Wolfpack forever

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankn View Post
    Red Dawn is on Wednesday. I think it is on the military channel. If you haven't seen it, watch it. I think I will watch it again. frank
    Remake coming out this week on the big screen

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    My family and friends are planning my area as a fall back/defensive position . We can command , with the help of other groups , multiple counties and sustain viable communities . If it comes to confrontation with an overwhelming force then we will withdraw enforce for mutual protection .
    >
    >Air cover for an opforce is the greatest threat .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1334 times
    Some times it only takes a super glitch in the Electric grid or fear of communication to cause hysteria. So stock up on those cheap solar yard lights and 2 tin cans and a ball of string. Also a bunch of legal taninite some nails and a high velocity rifle (Makes a great Claymore) Protect your perimeter. To really be prepared read the book by Ho Cee Men................ It's a jungle out there

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13309 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    A good novel on this subject:
    ONE SECOND AFTER-William R Forstchen-TOR Paperbacks May2011
    It takes place in North Carolina after an EMP knocks out all Electronics and the gird in America.
    A realistic look at survival under extreme conditions.
    Last edited by ECS; Nov 19, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Critical Recovery likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    13309 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical Recovery View Post
    Yep, I preach this.

People don't realize that gold doesn't taste very good.
    Your best bet is ammunition, antibiotics and food for barter.
    A Ruger 10/22 with several 50 clips, a semi-auto handgun with several clips,a compound bow,crossbow,several quality knives,MRE's,and various drugs.You can always liberate other items later.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    One thing to grab is antibiotics,if you cant get a prescription from your doc for no reason.Go to your pet store and get a bottle or two or 3 or 4 of fishmox.Its a rough form of amoxicillin.Ive heard different stories on it,you can take it and you cant take it.Well,the way i see it is if you have a bad infection and theres no other choice available,take it.If you dont youre a dead man anyway from staph infection or blood poisoning.Whats to lose.

Basically a mole that can read maps and use a detector.

Oct 2012
    Michigan
    White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
    408 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    One thing to grab is antibiotics,if you cant get a prescription from your doc for no reason.Go to your pet store and get a bottle or two or 3 or 4 of fishmox.Its a rough form of amoxicillin.Ive heard different stories on it,you can take it and you cant take it.Well,the way i see it is if you have a bad infection and theres no other choice available,take it.If you dont youre a dead man anyway from staph infection or blood poisoning.Whats to lose.
    yes.
    My fiance is a Nurse Practitioner.
    "fishmox" is the EXACT same thing as Amoxicillin.
    You can look up the numbers on the side of the capsules in the "Nurse's Drug Guide" and it is just a brand of amox that is also used for people.
    I've done it.
    People will say that it is not the same thing, but it is.
    Identical product.
    truckinbutch likes this.
    Critical Recovery Midwest

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20274 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    You folks ever hear of Colloidal Silver,it is a known Medical,and,Scientific FACT that no known pathogen or bacteria can survive more than 6 min. in a silver environment.I been making mine for over 20 years,and, I don't recall the last time I was sick,got my wife to use it after my boy had pink eye,two drops,next day,GONE.Very simple to make your own generator,three 9 volt batts. I make it by the pint.Go to a health food store and see what you pay for a 1-2 oz. bottle.Just saying for what it's worth.Works for me,and,my skin ain't grey!
    Red James Cash likes this.
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

When we come into the world we take on the identity of those who are more powerful than us.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Bartering for ammo just seems like a bad idea to me. Could end up biting yourself if you know what I mean. I'm hoping to have enough of my own stuff I won't need to barter with anyone for anything. Bugging in is our main plan. Bugging out is a last resort to us. Bugging out reminds me of rabbit hunting. I would have overlooked a lot of rabbits if they had just stayed still where they were and didn't spook and run.
    Last edited by packerbacker; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
    AU24K likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2959 times
    Yea but you have to remember that you got the rabbit when he returned to the spot you jumped him! Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images  

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    No, they stayed in the brush 'til the last second and then spooked. Had they stayed hidden I would have walked right past them.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7956 times
    The Truth
    I think it all depends on your location,if youre near a major city,its time to get out.
    AU24K, Critical Recovery and Talon like this.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    My 2 sons and I have connecting properties outside of town. We have about everything we would need to last a considerable amount of time except for needed medicines which we are looking into. We don't really expect a huge emergency but we are preparing for it should it happen. It has become sort of a fun hobby trying to think of everything we might need and then doing it. Some of this "Doomsday Prepper" stuff is a little over the top for us, we just don't want to be caught helpless and depending on someone else to take care of us.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7956 times
    The Truth
    Its always better to be safe than sorry.Depending on yourself is definitely the way to go.I depend on nobody,usually if you do youre in for a let down.Pick up a few books too while youre at it,if you havent already.A series of books called the foxfire cook books are excellent.Everything in them from curing a headache to building a still,complete with recipes.Just about everything you can imagine.Also some excellent source material is the Mother Earth News.I dont know if they are still published but i imagine it isnt to hard to find a collection someplace.
    AU24K likes this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links