Buggin Out

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, A might challenge the idea of a "loner."

If you are a "people person," surely you will have difficulties. If you prefer to be a "loner," you will suceed.

I am of a "Loner" breed.
I rely upon no-one but myself, and I'm perfectly happy with only my own company. But, that's just me....

My Best,
Scott

Scott, there is a difference between being a "loner" in peacetime, and being one in a time of societal breakdown, lawlessness and panic – much less a combat situation. As a soldier I learned the importance and advantages of a team of people as opposed to one man. We can carry more, sleep more, move faster more easily, protect and care for each other more effectively, and deliver devastating firepower if necessary.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scott, there is a difference between being a "loner" in peacetime, and being one in a time of societal breakdown, lawlessness and panic – much less a combat situation. As a soldier I learned the importance and advantages of a team of people as opposed to one man. We can carry more, sleep more, move faster more easily, protect and care for each other more effectively, and deliver devastating firepower if necessary.

Terry,
First and foremost, I wish to thank you for your service, as one Vet to another.
Secondly, I'd like to state that being a "loner" is easier for me and that perimeter security would be of less hassle knowing that I am the only one allowed in my perimeter.
All others are subject to death.

Of course, the rules change as the personal perimeter and parameters change; as additional personel might also expand.....

I thank a lot of my training to my military experience.
I just wish that I'd had more time to teach of "snipe hunts" during bivoucs...." :tongue3:

My Best,
Scott

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've thought about running a drill soon. I don't have a ton of gear around, but food, weapons, some camping stuff. See if I could get it all assembled and loaded in a reasonable amount of time. I would consider maybe an hour to be a reasonable amount of time to load all usable survival gear and go? Thoughts? Obviously one could just grab the Bug Out Bag and hit the road, but I was thinking of trying to grab enough stuff to be on your own for longer than 3 days.

This leads me to think that when and if I own my own home I would have two separate storage areas, both of which would be emptied in the event of an emergency. In one the gun cabinet and "camping" supplies. In the safe could be personal papers and passport, extra cash, silver etc that you could empty out as you are grabbing the guns and ammo. This would also have backpacks, sleeping gear, clothing prepacked, cold/wet weather gear, tarps, fishing stuff etc.
In the other area it would be my pantry/misc stuff that should be rotated out on a regular basis. Keep stocked with canned goods, and dry soup mixes and the like, but rotate them forward as you buy new stuff and eat the items that have less than a year of shelf life left to them. Also here would be batteries, and other consumable items that should be replaced as they are used and that don't have an infinite shelf life.
In the case of an emergency you only have to go to two separate areas of your house to get the things you need. This would mean you wouldn't be charging around your house looking for odd items...as is the case in my home now. Thoughts?

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This leads me to think that when and if I own my own home

Friend,
If/when TSHTF, be prepared to leave your "home."

You do not say whether you are an urban or city dweller. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Best to consider ALL scenarios.
Are you staying to protect "your home?" Could cost you your life...

Plan B.
Buggin' out? Where? Got supplies?

Best,
Scott

PS. Leave your "Smart Phone" behind.
It will be worthless. Except for maybe the battery.....
I'm going camping this Thanksgiving Holiday weekend and am actually planning on using a battery
to make a fire to cook my dinner and provide warmth. How apropos......

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the reason I stated own my own home is so that I'm not modifying an apartment or rental house. But not that important, I could do stand alone shelving.

As for bugging out, it would be to my parents house as they live in a secluded area and my folks are medical professionals and the house is all around a better choice than where I am at which is near a largish city with a high crime rate. So, load the car with everything important for survival, leave the TV and such for the criminals to loot then take back roads to get to my folks place.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It truly amazes me at what some people regard as "necessary." They will be the first to.....die.

Those who prepare have only to exploit the "techies" who are misguided."
How y'all gonna survive without the "Grid?" Dumb Dora's.....
Where's Food?

Breach my security, and well.....

Chubby kids are tender; old people are tough and stringy.
Welcome to MY Dinner....
Soup's ready....
Any questions?

(Is this too extreme? GOOD! Think about it. Are you tender or stringy?)

Best,
Scott

Last edited:

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It truly amazes me at what some people regard as "necessary." They will be the first to.....die.

Those who prepare have only to exploit the "techies" who are misguided."
How y'all gonna survive without the "Grid?" Dumb ass*s.....

Best,
Scott

Sorry, is this directed at me? I was talking about loading up the food, guns, clothing and camping gear...

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, is this directed at me? I was talking about loading up the food, guns, clothing and camping gear...

My Friend,
I do not wish to intimidate anyone; I wish to offer opinions and ideas.

If information gained here is helpful, does it matter what the message was or who posted it?
Your ideas may be the best options available. At the time presented.....

My Best,
Scott

PS. I'm guessing that you're old and stringy.....

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I don't drill. It's a waste of time since you don't know what is coming. What you want to do is prepare your survival knowledge and acquire the basic equipment to survive. Have reliable firepower to defend yourself and a supply of food to eat. There is no drill only reality when the event arrives. I have thought about what I would do in the event of civil unrest, military invasion, an atomic attack. Of course you all should realize that the USA has a doomsday plan that will probably end it all It's a cobalt device that can not be tested because in theory it will set off an almost endless chain reaction. Have a good day. Frank

Attachments

• 111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg
    111-2 700Warrior Head.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't drill. It's a waste of time since you don't know what is coming. What you want to do is prepare your survival knowledge and acquire the basic equipment to survive. Have reliable firepower to defend yourself and a supply of food to eat. There is no drill only reality when the event arrives. I have thought about what I would do in the event of civil unrest, military invasion, an atomic attack. Of course you all should realize that the USA has a doomsday plan that will probably end it all It's a cobalt device that can not be tested because in theory it will set off an almost endless chain reaction. Have a good day. Frank

Frankn my Friend,
I detect a bit of "age superiority" thought here...And believe me, I know about "old age."

"When you think that you know it all, you will be proven wrong in the presence of your rivals."

(This is one of many thoughts I have, that, as a PAID Philosopher, I'd be rich...:tongue3:)

....Stay loose my friend and always be open to the ideas of kids....

My Best,
Scott

PS. PRACTICE! Don't be old and stringy....

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Being prepared is essential . Elaborate plans are an interesting academic exercise that may be useful to some degree .
>Fact is : When SHTF you have to be prepared to go where the fight takes you . It will fail to follow your plans .

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being prepared is essential . Elaborate plans are an interesting academic exercise that may be useful to some degree .
>Fact is : When SHTF you have to be prepared to go where the fight takes you . It will fail to follow your plans .

And, alternatively, you will stay, defend and propogate your base.....
Must be a "stronghold" base...

As is my base...

Best,
Scott

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.

"Adaptive personalities, do what the circumstance require, no matter what. (wait...... that may be a sign of a pshychopath......
I'd hafta double check! LOL!)"

Ya know Scott, if you know how to hunt, fish, gut, cook, preserve, and what not to eat, it's doable.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.

"Adaptive personalities, do what the circumstance require, no matter what. (wait...... that may be a sign of a pshychopath......
I'd hafta double check! LOL!)"

Ya know Scott, if you know how to hunt, fish, gut, cook, preserve, and what not to eat, it's doable.
Cat,

I know how to survive any situation.
Wouldn't be here today if I didn't....

Best,
Scott

PS. I'm studying whether or not your described personality of me as a "psychopath" is factual or not, and will reply to such queries later.........preliminary anaylasis indicate a strong possibility towards confirmation.....;:tongue3:

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never doubted you Scott. I always thought you were up in Georgia somehwere.
I got a 90 yr old uncle up there, will still drag a deer 5 miles through the woods, to the truck.
He keeps a mean garden too. I miss a lot about living up there sometimes.
Always figured, I'd be back up there one day, soon enough.......

Ps. Scott, that remark I had made about myself to another in private. LOL!
In regards to, "I is all I got and I am still alive..........."
That wasn't directed at you! LOL! But is the boots fit....... well....... LOL!

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never doubted you Scott. I always thought you were up in Georgia somehwere.
I got a 90 yr old uncle up there, will still drag a deer 5 miles through the woods, to the truck.
He keeps a mean garden too. I miss a lot about living up there sometimes.
Always figured, I'd be back up there one day, soon enough.......

Luv Ya, Cat!

And, please, call your old Uncle, who lives in "JAW-JA," and give him Love this Holiday. From both of us.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Always,
My Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and you have Happy Turkey Day too!

Once I get my socks off so I can cypher, I'll add a score, but,
this may not be looking too good! LOL! :laughing7:

20 Signs That You Are A Psychopath - Business Insider

You do realize insanity is a sane reaction to an insane world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks and you have Happy Turkey Day too!

Once I get my socks off so I can cypher, I'll add a score, but,
this may not be looking too good! LOL! :laughing7:

You do realize insanity is a sane reaction to an insane world.

HA!
You have discovered the secret!
From your Old Uncle in Georgia?
Shhhh!

Tell me...child, just how were you able to discover the "secret?"

I've always lived by the tenet of: "There's no Genius without a Touch of Insanity."

My Best,
Scott

PS. Shhhh. Don't give up secrets.....

This subject must never be discussed again unless in person.....:laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread