0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn said:
stockpicker, I think I am holding that doubel edge sword. I made Expert in the Army and have many guns. My son lives with me and our circle of friends all have guns and ammo. from AK's to Kimbers. We also have the advantage of knowing the terrain which is hills and valleys. This is not the place that an urban dweller would choose to be trapped in.

As far as water is concerned, I have a spring house attached to my home. It is fed by an artesian fault which fills a concrete chamber 2'wide 2' deep and 18'long. A hand pump could supply the complete house system. Sewer is a septic system. I am installing solar hot water heating. perhaps a backup hand pump would work here too. Frank

Definitely sounds like you have the sharp side of the double edged sword.! God help the looters who wander onto your property.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess we can comment all we want on foreign governments. I just think the board doesn't want people to get into political party fights. Just like at parties or work - political and religious discussions off limits. Some people just take these topics among others way too personally sometimes.

Unfortunately it all depends on who writes the thread or the post.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately it all depends on who writes the thread or the post.
Red, your saying mods show favoritism which not only is not the case but can be seen as an attack on how we moderate, you do not want to go there.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I think many people can see that the way things are going that we could be on a downturn in our society. Most are unclear as to what will happen first, but feel something definitely will happen. It makes it harder to prepare when you don't know what to prepare for. There are just too many scenarios. I too, feel bad times are just ahead. Some feel natural disasters like floods, tornados, hurricanes, volcanos and earth quakes will be the downfall of our society. Others feel sunspots or EMP waves will have a disasterous effect on our planet, or a total polar shift will wreak havoc on us. I don't have a crystal ball so I don't have much advantage over others, except the people I talk too are well educated and versed in all aspects of tgese disasters. What I have been shown is a chart, which shows that the suns maximus is at a low period, causing a low magnetic period on the earth. The chasrt shows 120, where the normal is 200. This is the lowest sunspot activity since the dark ages, so they claim the sun is going dim for some reason. This would cause many areas to become unproductive for farming, causing a great famine. Good Luck. rockhound

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Two days ago a reading was taken, this particular solar cycle (24) is unusually low. The solar flux was 128, it should have been at least 200 or more, since we are at the cycle peak. During the middle ages the sun went dead and sunspots dissapeared. This may happen again. Remember the Mayans were sun worshippers and this could be the reason they chose 2012?. Good Luck. rockhound

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a few days ago they announced that the UN wants to take control of the internet. China, Russia and Iran, among others, think it's a good idea and they are having a meeting soon to discuss it. The UN also wants to control arms including those in the US. That's the right to bear arms and the right to free speech they are messing with. How many more need to be infringed upon before people wake up? Most tree-hugging types don't care who rules them or runs their lives but I do. Militarily speaking they would be removing communications (command and control) and your only means of a legitimate defense (guns). America's next real enemy will be wearing blue helmets. As a so-so prepper I couldn't compete with that but I can prepare for natural disasters or local social uprisings so why not do it? We can even prepare for a national social breakdown as long as they don't bring tanks to my bug-in location. :)

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
We can even prepare for a national social breakdown as long as they don't bring tanks to my bug-in location.

Once you have your bugout location and are at it,from there you prepare for the need of another one thats suitable for a fallback position.Always have a fallback position so youre not running blind.Tanks do poorly in certain terrain.Use that to your advantage.

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not worried about tanks (just think of all the prerequisites for that situation).

You must think realistically about the world, and your individual situation, to know how best to prepare.

Personally, I'm more worried about another Lisbon (1755) than another Auschwitz (1942-1944). Not that the latter isn't worse, but that the former isn't preventable.

Consider the very recent past: Hurricane Sandy (2012), Japanese tsunami (2011), Haiti Earthquake (2009), Sichuan earthquake (2008), Japanese tsunami (2011), Indian ocean tsunami (2004), etc.

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We could get some flooding as early as Fri, the 30th. They are predicting a possible 10 inches where we are along with strong winds and as much as 20 inches in the mountains SE of us. Between my sons and I we have 3 generators, camp lanterns and heaters and plenty of food and water with minimal first aid supplies. We also have 4 boats between us. I don't expect it to get so bad we are flooded out but you never know. Most around us are wondering what they should get because the government is telling everyone to have at least 3 days food and water on hand. We consider it good duck and goose hunting as we are in a flyway. :) We already have everything else covered. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread