Buggin Out - Page 8
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Buggin Out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2005
    583 times
    Two days ago a reading was taken, this particular solar cycle (24) is unusually low. The solar flux was 128, it should have been at least 200 or more, since we are at the cycle peak. During the middle ages the sun went dead and sunspots dissapeared. This may happen again. Remember the Mayans were sun worshippers and this could be the reason they chose 2012?. Good Luck. rockhound

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Just a few days ago they announced that the UN wants to take control of the internet. China, Russia and Iran, among others, think it's a good idea and they are having a meeting soon to discuss it. The UN also wants to control arms including those in the US. That's the right to bear arms and the right to free speech they are messing with. How many more need to be infringed upon before people wake up? Most tree-hugging types don't care who rules them or runs their lives but I do. Militarily speaking they would be removing communications (command and control) and your only means of a legitimate defense (guns). America's next real enemy will be wearing blue helmets. As a so-so prepper I couldn't compete with that but I can prepare for natural disasters or local social uprisings so why not do it? We can even prepare for a national social breakdown as long as they don't bring tanks to my bug-in location.
    Last edited by packerbacker; Nov 27, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
    truckinbutch likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7960 times
    The Truth
    We can even prepare for a national social breakdown as long as they don't bring tanks to my bug-in location.
    Once you have your bugout location and are at it,from there you prepare for the need of another one thats suitable for a fallback position.Always have a fallback position so youre not running blind.Tanks do poorly in certain terrain.Use that to your advantage.
    AU24K and truckinbutch like this.

Apr 2012
    Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
    246 times
    I'm not worried about tanks (just think of all the prerequisites for that situation).

You must think realistically about the world, and your individual situation, to know how best to prepare.

Personally, I'm more worried about another Lisbon (1755) than another Auschwitz (1942-1944). Not that the latter isn't worse, but that the former isn't preventable.

Consider the very recent past: Hurricane Sandy (2012), Japanese tsunami (2011), Haiti Earthquake (2009), Sichuan earthquake (2008), Japanese tsunami (2011), Indian ocean tsunami (2004), etc.
    Last edited by Ammonhotep; Nov 28, 2012 at 05:47 AM. Reason: clarity
    -- Ammo

"A man who has lived in many places is not likely to be deceived by the local errors of his native village; the scholar has lived in many times and is therefore in some degree immune from the great cataract of nonsense that pours from the press and the microphone of his own age."

~ C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

“Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?
    Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?”

~ T.S. Eliot, The Rock

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    We could get some flooding as early as Fri, the 30th. They are predicting a possible 10 inches where we are along with strong winds and as much as 20 inches in the mountains SE of us. Between my sons and I we have 3 generators, camp lanterns and heaters and plenty of food and water with minimal first aid supplies. We also have 4 boats between us. I don't expect it to get so bad we are flooded out but you never know. Most around us are wondering what they should get because the government is telling everyone to have at least 3 days food and water on hand. We consider it good duck and goose hunting as we are in a flyway. We already have everything else covered.
    truckinbutch likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Sponsored Links